1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Creating a "ringback tone"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SmokeCapone, Jul 23, 2011.

1. SmokeCapone

SmokeCapone Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Industrial
    Kansas
    Ok, i just subscribed to Sprints new Music+ service for the ringback tone feature. Now, is there a way to make the music that I have on my phone already into a ringback tone without having to purchase music from this app at all?

I have several songs/albums on my phone that I would love to designate as ringback tones.

Advertisement

jayekay likes this.
  2. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Sorry, misunderstood what you were asking. I looked on sprints site and it looks like ringback tones are a service you will need to pay for. The songs are network based, so nothing will be played from your phone. And I am sure for copyright reasons, they are only letting you use the songs they have, since they are drm free.

SmokeCapone likes this.
  3. SmokeCapone

SmokeCapone Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Industrial
    Kansas
    Been away working, so sorry for the late reply...

But thanks for the help, I knew it wasnt gonna be that simple, but I will give a it a test run and go from there. Once again, thanks!

jayekay likes this.
  4. Bedroid

Bedroid Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    It would be great to be able to choose and upload your own favourite sounds. Because honestly I have a quite particular taste in music an there are some gems among my collection that I would love to share via ringback service. However, I guess the more this kind of gimmick becomes popular, the wider the choice of sounds will become. After all, they want to expand their number of potential customers, and not everybody is overjoyed at the prospect of having Lady Gaga entertaining his waiting loop :rolleyes:

jayekay likes this.
Tags: