• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Creating a "Search" Based App

Hi,

I've been wanting to create an app for a couple of years. Mainly just to learn something new.

Anyway, I had an idea for a useful app a couple of months ago - something that I could possible pass on/sell to the company I currently work for.

I have done the "background" work - by this I mean a huge excel file.

Essentially, what I want is an app that allows a user to enter a code (let's say a barcode) and the app returns a description (let's say "330ml can of coke).

Then, as part of the returned description, the screen will also say - "you can purchase this at......"

All codes would be stored in the app, which is why I created the excel file to start with - assign every code a description to return.

There may be other features to add too, but for the time being, this is my main goal.

I guess the point of this thread is how do I create this app? I have followed a few tutorials, but they all appear to be the same "Hello World" app.

If it helps, I am using Adobe Flash Builder.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones