1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Creating an education app.

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Desperatepower, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Desperatepower

Hello
    I've become quite interested recently in app development. After brainstorming a few ideas I've decided what I want to make and I've designed (on paper) what I want the app to look like and functionality etc...

I don't have any background in programming at all.

The app that I'm looking to make isn't too complicated. It's basically a study resource aimed at students for a particular subject like chemistry or mathematics. I'd like it to have things like multiple choice questions, Quizzes and statistics to track progress of test results etc...

I'd also like to add my own revision notes for each topic that people can read when they're out and about.

The reason I'm doing this is because I've really wanted to learn how to make an app + I'm currently a student and I think making something like this will help me in my studies.

I'm not really looking to make something excessively flashy or aesthetically good looking but I would like it to feel polished.

Thank you for reading this, any guidance/advice is greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I was chief programmer for the first company that came out with an SAT study guide back in 1980, so I know exactly the type of app you're looking to make. But with no programming? This is not meant to be disparaging in the least, but I don't think so.

Desperatepower likes this.
  3. Desperatepower

Sorry I guess I didn't express myself clearly, This project is merely a way of me learning to program but I want this to be my end goal to create this app. I just don't know how to get started and what I should learn/read first.

4. pdxdonna

pdxdonna Lurker