1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Creating "BackUps"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MidshipAc, Jul 8, 2013.

1. MidshipAc

MidshipAc Well-Known Member

I was wondering how do i create a back up for my phone? Like say i install a Rom (when they are released) and my phone stops working or doesnt work properly. How do i create a file of all my info and app info so i can flash that and have my phone return to the normal (before the rom was installed)? Replies are much appreciated. Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 903Tex

903Tex Android Enthusiast

Think you should read up on custom recovery before doing this install. Backup are made in the recovery. Theres no need for rom manager since the recovery is not officially supported by CWM, and messing around with rom manager(flashing stuff not meant for our phone) will lead you to a BRICKED device.

But the way i did the install was i used CMD(command prompt) and flashed the recovery in fastboot.

But you need to know some basic adb commands to use the root method.

MidshipAc likes this.
  3. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

You can backup your phone on your computer with something like WonderShare MobileGo and/or you can backup your phone on the SD Card in Recovery.This would be the way I would backup my phone.

Sent from my N9100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

MidshipAc likes this.
  4. MidshipAc

I installed CWM recovery using the "CMW Based Touch Recovery" fourm. I have CMW recovery. I went into CMW recovery (hold power button + volume down) went to "back up and restore" selected "backup" and it started. I came back and it said System completed....etc but at the bottom it said "Backing Up Data....Error while making backup image of /data!" Is this the correct way of creating a back up? Why am i getting this error?
    Edit: uh oh. changing fonts and when it rebooted it got stuck on the boost mobile start up animation.Pulled battery and loaded up CWM recovery. What can i do?

5. 903Tex

There a thread on here with a cwm backup file. Download it and get into recovery wipe data/cache/dalvik cache then flash it to get back to a booting rom

You will lose your data but have a working phone

MidshipAc likes this.
  6. 903Tex

And for the error do you have a sd card installed? You have to to make a backup on cwm

MidshipAc likes this.
  7. MidshipAc

can you link me to the thread/file?
    and i have an sd card.
    can i do this in the CWM recovery.
    How do i flash it.
    and ty

8. MidshipAc

cannot wipe data in cwm Recovery v6.0.3.0. when i select "wipe data/factory reset" it says:

"Confirm wipe of all user data?"
    "THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE."

Then it gives 5 options and they all say "No"
    Yes option was near the bottom

9. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

http://androidforums.com/force-4g-lte-all-things-root/729343-cwm-system-backup-files-download.html
    Put this file in the ClockworkMod/Backup folder on your sdcard and restore from CWM. U must have some way to put it on the card other than the phone if you can not boot into android like a pc card slot.
    Do not Use Rom Manager or Font Changer on Google Play!

THE WIPE....Do it anyway, scroll down and wipe it and do the same with cache and dalvik. if that doesnt fix your loop then follow the above.

10. MidshipAc

im using an sd card adapter. i put the card back in the phone, load up cwm recov. do i select "install zip from sd card" > "choose zip from sdcard"?

11. sonicbluemustang

No if you put the file on the card in the folder I specified then select restore. If the file he put on the net is in a zip file you will need to unzip it or extract it then put in that folder.

12. MidshipAc

what software can i use to unzip? only option im givin is to open

13. sonicbluemustang

Win zip should work I see that its a rar file that should work maybe or Uncompress. What os are you on?

14. MidshipAc

im installing win zip right now gonna try it. windows 7, acer netbook, 32 bit

15. sonicbluemustang

OK then when you unzip it to a folder then copy the 1970 folder to your backup folder in the clockworkmod folder.

16. MidshipAc

its taking a really REALLY long time to extract
    Edit: it just finished.
    this is what i have as far as file path "\clockworkmod\BOOST ZTE FORCE TOTAL CWM SYSTEM BACKUP/backup/1970-01-01.00.30.50"
    is that fine?
    what should i do next

17. sonicbluemustang

Put the card back in the phone then turn on with the volume down+Power at same time to boot into CWM then select backup & restore then select restore.

18. MidshipAc

reading a bunch of writing right now
    *fingers crossed*
    Says "Restore Complete!"
    anything else i should do before i hit reboot system now?

19. sonicbluemustang

If you believe in prayers then pray. j/k
    reboot it
    LOL

MidshipAc likes this.
  20. MidshipAc

THANK YOU ! it worked he phone booted right up. Im so glad it worked. You all are amazing people! Thank You. I guess ill be seeing yall around on the fourms.

21. sonicbluemustang

Now when you install all your favorite games and apps and contacts create a "Nandroid" backup file of your own in the custom recovery. Thats the purpose of the Custom Recovery.
    And for Gods sake dont use Font Changer or Rom Manager!
    Have fun

22. MidshipAc

lol i did some research and found out what a nandroid was lol *im a noob to all this* so to create a nandroid with cwm Recov boot into recov, and select back up right?

23. andrew.johnson

andrew.johnson Well-Known Member

Can you please upload a backup again? Your link is not working.

24. sonicbluemustang

You will need to contact Tegezee, it was his file and it seems that Dropbox has limited him on his downloads. Go to that link them PM him. or check with CrunchyMango he dl'd it recently. ;)

ZTE Force 4G LTE Forum

The ZTE Force 4G LTE release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 427 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews