1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Creating folders in gallery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by a2thaj, Jul 15, 2011.

1. a2thaj

a2thaj Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    UK
    Ive had the htc incredible s for a while now and cant get my head around the gallery!

Why is there not a function on the phone to create and sort your pictures in gallery mode?

Ive downloaded astro from the market and have created folders within it, however they do not show up in gallery mode!

Ive also tried ctrl folder which allows you to create folders in gallery mode, however instead of moving pictures from 'all pictures' it just copies them so you end up with duplicates of your 'moved' pictures.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    i believe that is the feature of android, though i could be mistaken, i know downloads will appear their, what you can do, and this is just a test as i havent tried it yet, if you are rooted (which you may not be) you can download spare parts or dev tools its one of the 2 and use media scanner, it should locate your media files such as pictures, videos' etc, and it might possibly list the folder in your gallery that they are located on

3. pagdodd

pagdodd Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Male
    Admin Manager
    Shropshire, UK
    I assume you are using the stock gallery app?

If so, have you tried "Gallery 3D"? it free in the market.

It is my preferred Gallery and shows the images in separate folders.

4. a2thaj

a2thaj Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    UK
    not really a tech wiz so rooting is out the question, il have a try with the other app cheers

5. jer.lawrence

jer.lawrence Member
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    .NET Developer
    RVA
    I just figured this out today as well.

If you create a folder OUTSIDE the DCIM folder on the SD Card (I just called mine Photos), you can create sub-folders in that. Doing so will list them out in the gallery app the way I think you're wanting to.

I don't know why they can't be in the DCIM folder, but if they are, then they all get grouped together.

I also have an app called JustPictures that I like, but after figuring out that I just needed to move them out of the DCIM folder, I've gone back to using the normal gallery.