1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Creating System Images

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SamuelB, Jun 9, 2017.

1. SamuelB

SamuelB Lurker

Hi All,

Within my organisation we primarily use Samsung Devices for our mobile workers. When we deploy a device a number of apps and shortcuts are required to be installed on the device before it is issued to an employee.

This is very time consuming as it means that a full setup is required (installing multiple apps, creating shortcuts etc). To make this easier I am looking for a solution where it is possible to create a full Android Image which can be deployed on to a new device with everything preloaded where configuration details are the only thing that will be required for the apps - this is similar to how a PC be loaded with a Windows image.

I have seen solutions if your device is rooted however as this is a corporate environment rooting is not really an option as it voids warranty which is required.

Ideally it would be great if we could plug the device in load an image and then finish the configuration of for the preloaded apps.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas?

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Might be worth you contacting Samsung Business Service, they probably have some solutions about officially configuring and maintaining a fleet of enterprise devices. Because if you DIY it may very well will involve rooting, and invalidating warranty.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/business/services/samsung-business-services/

A company a worked at once, all staff were issued with customized Blackberrys, which couldn't be messed around. And I believe it was done by Blackberry working with the company, so probably Samsung Business Service may have something like that.

#2 mikedt, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  3. SamuelB

SamuelB Lurker

Thanks for your reply Mikedt - I will ask the question to them.

We do have a MDM system which we install but unfortunately it isn't advanced enough to pull a complete image on to the device. But very good point regarding rooting - that is why it probably isn't appropriate for a large business!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews