1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Credit card expiry date problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gaugerer, Dec 2, 2009.

1. gaugerer

gaugerer Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    When I tried to buy an application from Android Market on my Pulse I was unable to enter my credit card expiry date because the format required was "MM/YY" and the number entry pad supplied by the software did not have a "/" character.

There was only a single box provided to enter the expiry date, so the "/" character was needed to separate the MM and YY data. No matter what I tried I kept getting an expiry date error.

I managed to overcome this problem by registering my credit card on Google so that the Pulse software did not ask for my credit card details when I buy from Android Market.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know when there will be a fix?

Cheers Bill

Advertisement

2. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Web Designer
    Manchester
    Hi Bill

At first I assumed you didn't know about touch and slide down on X for the slash, but then I did what you did, and repeated the error. (BTW, if you touch and slide up it gives you a capital letter)

Seems to be a bug with the Touchpal software that is the default text input keyboard. I had a look, and had the same problem.

The option I got to work was to longpress the input field, and select input method, and then select the Android keyboard. That one has a slash selectable for input in the expiry date section.

Kind of annoying bug though. Registering with Google will make your next purchase quicker next time though?

And a quick search of Cootek's forums (who make TouchPal) shows no record of this bug/feature, so I might mosey on over later to report it.

3. gaugerer

Dec 2, 2009
    Hi Muuurgh, Thanks very much for your reply. When I was trying to enter my credit card expiry date, the software produced only a numeric keypad, so there were no letters to touch and slide.

I didn't try to longpress the expiry date input box to change the input keyboard as you suggest because I was unaware of that option.

Unfortunately, I cannot check to see if the longpress solution works for I no longer need to input my credit card data. However, others can try that solution if they experience the same problem and let us know if it works.

Cheers - Bill

4. ZXRichie

ZXRichie Active Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Bill

I came upon the same problem, put the expiry date of for instance 06/2010 as 0610, when it is processed it changes automatically to 06/10.

Rich

5. gaugerer

Dec 2, 2009
    Hi Rich, Many thanks for your reply. I hope that works for everyone.

Bill