• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creepiest Youtube Series - Marble Hornets

Vihzel

Destroying Balls Everyday
Apr 8, 2010
Manhattan, NY
I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this, but there is an excellent ARG (alternate reality game), which is not a video game, called Marble Hornets. They use the paranormal entity, Slender Man, as the main "villain" in their story. The video series about a year old and one of the creepiest things that I have ever seen in my life. I'd thought that I'd share it with you all.

It's best to watch this at night by yourself, not with friends... unless you have friends who will be serious during the video clips. The atmosphere will be that much better for your enjoyment... and worse for your mental health. ;)

Here's the backstory:

YouTube - Introduction

If you're really interested in anything scary, you must watch this. You will be weary of looking out of windows (you'll understand why), look over your shoulder time and time again, not want to walk outside at night alone, be a little hesitant to open doors, and so forth.

Here is MarbleHornets's main channel, where all the videos can be easily found: YouTube - MarbleHornets's Channel

Entry #26 is the best. You will have to watch #1 - #25 to really understand what's significant about #26, so don't just watch #26 and judge that for the whole series.

ENJOY! :D

Reactions: jroc
I watched it...just didn't creep me out in any way. The story didn't even come across as believable to me either. First...who only records 1-3 minute clips on a single video tape? If they were film students, then why was the actually filming part so crappy?

I know this is all made up but at least put the effort to make it more believable :p All I could keep thinking of was some kid turning the lights out at his mom and dads house while they're out on a date and video taping himself walking around. I dunno...guess it's just me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones