1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Cricket Huawei Ascend 3G not working after mod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djpunisha, Jan 3, 2012.

1. djpunisha

djpunisha Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Let me preface my question by saying that I'm definitely a noob when it comes to rooting, moding, and most other things that are discussed here. That said, I was able to successfuly download and install z4root and rom manager. I premanently rooted my ascend m860, and created a backup with CWM. I also installed a mod for android 2.3.5 using the following links..

CM7 Update file-http://uploading.com/files/995d7a28/CM7.1RC1-Ascend-BobZ-07012011.zip/

and

Goggle apps file-http://uploading.com/files/fc7d5319/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip/

Everything worked fine except I no longer get 3g coverage as I did with 2.1, and my phone will not link with my PC via the usb cable. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. AwesomePie85

AwesomePie85 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    South Florida
    The phone not linking might be because that version that not have that fixed, there are newer versions like 09132011 in which USB mode works perfectly. For the 3G thing all I can say is that you do get a weaker signal with CM7. But you should try flashing to the newer version and then see if the 3G works.

3. djpunisha

djpunisha Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012

Is there another mod for 2.3 that you would suggest?

4. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    The newest version of CM7 is pretty nice. But that BobZ is pretty stable, the version shouldn't be the problem. If you're still fresh on the ROM, make sure you're all backed up and do data wipe with CWM. If that doesn't work, and you want to keep the ROM, try reflashing with a fresh download of the ROM.
    If you decide to use the newest CM7, it has a2sd integrated into it, which is a major bonus. It will use a partition of your sdcard as an extension of your memory, letting you install more apps while freeing up more memory to operate on. If you do want to partition your sdcard, make sure to copy all the contents of your card onto your computer, since it wipes the card clean. You partition it within CWM, and the common settings that seem to work best for everyone are 512 w/ 32 swap. Just be aware that means it's going to take 512 mb away from your card's usable space.

5. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Hospitality
    Phoenix, AZ
    CM7 is 2.3, and for the usb problem, connect it to your computer and drag down your notification bar, press "mount usb" and you should be connected.

6. AwesomePie85

AwesomePie85 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    South Florida
    I use playfulgod's 09132011, works for me. But you should also try pulling down the notification bar and clicking the USB icon. Like can0dope said.

7. djpunisha

djpunisha Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    So after a little more investigating, I don't think it's any of the 2.3 versions I've used. I restored the phone ot the backup settings I made, and I do get 3g coverage now with 2.1 but still no internet without wi-fi. I'm wondering if there's a setting on my phone, or within rom manager, superuser, adw, etc, that needs to be changed.

8. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None

Go to MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS SETTINGS>MOBILE NETWORKS>& check the box marked DATA ENABLED.

Also,while on the same page,click on SYSTEM SELECT> & choose either AUTOMATIC or HOME ONLY & see which works best for you.

Also,if you're using a battery saver such as JUICE DEFENDER,etc....,I'd ditch it until you get your data situation smoothed out.Then,if you're set on using JD,etc...,then go back to using it.

9. djpunisha

djpunisha Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    After much frustration, I've reset my phone to the cricket factory settings using the normal method from this site xda-developers - View Single Post - Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock

I then rooted my phone and installed rom manager and cwm. After that I was able to run one of the newer versions of cm7, and everything works fine now. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Can0dope likes this.
  10. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Hospitality
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats! Glad you got it working.