• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cricket sucks

Ok i really think i'm leaving cricket now! i had an emergency where i had to make an important call to my bank about an issue, and i kept getting my calls dropped. guess i'm goin to go back to verizon where i never had a dropped call.
Like any other carrier, it depends on the area you are in. I never have dropped calls unless I'm in a basement or something. Mine even works on the elevator at work when no one elses does.

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
Very true. I hardly ever talk on my phone, but the one time i really needed to i kept loosing signal. When i was with verizon for 5 years i never lost signal, and i even lived in a basement appartment. Maybe spending the extra couple dollars a month is worth having a reliable phone when you need it the most.

Upvote 0
Cool_story_bro.jpg

super-cool-story-bro.png

01%20cool%20story%20bro.jpg

02%20cool%20story%20bro.gif

cool-starry-bra.jpg

Upvote 0
Well they do suck but not for that reason lol. They suck because they don't care about there users of this phone all they want is money. They never will bring the update out for it that is clear. I don't care anymore i shut off my cell service anyhow i got sick of idiots calling me that i never even new.

Upvote 0
Well they do suck but not for that reason lol. They suck because they don't care about there users of this phone all they want is money. They never will bring the update out for it that is clear. I don't care anymore i shut off my cell service anyhow i got sick of idiots calling me that i never even new.

Um yeah the updates ben out going on a week now........

Upvote 0
Yeah, nothing like calling support to get someone in India named Tom or Susan (wonder how many they fool?) who won't deviate from their script. However, for what I need from my phone, the monthly rate is hard to beat. Cheapest route I can find. And I don't need Tom anymore, I have you guys. :)

Well, I have to disagree about your assessment of Cricket support. I recently bought my wife a Cricket phone (switched her from Boost Mobile) and was having trouble getting the phone activated. I placed a call to Cricket support and got through to a woman who was extremely helpful and walked me step by step through the process. Maybe some of you have had bad experiences but I don't think you can condemn the entire company as a result.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Well, I have to disagree about your assessment of Cricket support. I recently bought my wife a Cricket phone (switched her from Boost Mobile) and was having trouble getting the phone activated. I placed a call to Cricket support and got through to a woman who was extremely helpful and walked me step by step through the process. Maybe some of you have had bad experiences but I don't think you can condemn the entire company as a result.

I used to have some choice/ugly things to say about CRICKET Customer Service.Seems they've picked up their game quite a bit here recently.I had data issues recently & the C/S Rep. was very well spoken,informed & very helpful.

I'm in full agreement w/ya,your experiences are only as good as the person & the information provided,on both ends: CUSTOMER & COMPANY CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE,just like any experience @ a brick & mortar store.

Upvote 0
I used to have some choice/ugly things to say about CRICKET Customer Service.Seems they've picked up their game quite a bit here recently.I had data issues recently & the C/S Rep. was very well spoken,informed & very helpful.

I'm in full agreement w/ya,your experiences are only as good as the person & the information provided,on both ends: CUSTOMER & COMPANY CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE,just like any experience @ a brick & mortar store.
It seems like the "smartphone team" members are better informed than the regular customer service people, at least from my limited experience. I think they are either located in the US, or trained to speak better English.

Upvote 0
Well, I may be a bit disgruntled about them. Every month they add a $10 charge that isn't supposed to be there, every month I have to call and convince them it isn't part of my plan, every month they take it off and say it won't happen next month. I got a bit upset at first, but now I kinda have the whole process down, so it's not so bad, I guess, when I stop to think about it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, nothing like calling support to get someone in India named Tom or Susan (wonder how many they fool?) who won't deviate from their script. However, for what I need from my phone, the monthly rate is hard to beat. Cheapest route I can find. And I don't need Tom anymore, I have you guys. :)

Lmao tru dat.. Plus I cant understand a word they say! N then they get all mad when ur like "wat?!" Ahahaha its so annoying... Specially cuz they cant ever comprehend what you really need they all say the same "o I saree u hauvn trubel wihh yaa phoan" ROFLMAO
.... Guess its just my luck I end up with them while everyone else gets the better reps... No wunder Im on hold forever! Lol :p

Upvote 0
when i call metro i have to spell out my whole sentence to them, seem i cant under stand them and they cant understand me from lack of english...

me: hello
them: kan chu speeeell tat fo meh?
me: what?
me: ok H as in hello, E as in ello L as in lo, L as in lo, O as in o... look man i have to call you back spitting cola everywhere...

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
when i call metro i have to spell out my whole sentence to them, seem i cant under stand them and they cant understand me from lack of english...

me: hello
me: what?
me: ok H as in hello, E as in ello L as in lo, L as in lo, O as in o... look man i have to call you back spitting cola everywhere...

Lmao... think its funni how a friend can call with a totally diff problem for the phone and their answer/ troubleshooting is the same for everyone .. haha

Upvote 0
I'll leave with you lol... I went to cricket from verizon and have also discovered that even verizon is better... I am at work as i write this (1am in Phoenix) and am in an OPEN AIR parking lot about 100 yards from a cricket tower!!! I keep getting dropped calls. Ironically two of those calls were placed to Tmobile LOL... so long cricket

Upvote 0
I purchased a new Cricket Phone Model Z995, Not only is it a defective phone but I also did not receive my rebate and have spent over 8 hours with Crickets terrible customer support people trying to resolve the issues which are still not resolved.

Lets start with the phone, the phone is $150 bucks, so low end but you would expect it to work. This phone will glitch out and start dialing random numbers, texting random letter texts, it will shut off on its own, it will take pictures on its own, sometimes it won't come on at all, other times it won't let you dial, once the screen goes black while you are in speaker mode it won't come back on, when you try to type a text message it won't let you use some keys closer to the edge of the screen, sometimes it won't auto rotate, it has set random appointments in the calendar with random letters, when you have the phone up to your cheek the screen will activate and based on how you touch it with your cheek it will hang up the phone or open an app, when you remove the phone from your face to type on the screen it won't always come on for you to type. This phone is a nightmare, DO NOT BUY a CRICKET PHONE!!!!

Now about the rebate, because Crickets Costumer Service and heir Record Keeping is so Poor they have not issued me a rebate even though I met all the rebate qualifications.

Now the Best for Last the CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT. If you are having trouble with your cricket phone be prepared to spend over 8 hours trying to resolve an issue and plan on calling them many times, just today I called them with this ongoing problem I have been trying to resolve over the last few weeks and had to call them 8 separate times before I could finally get in touch with the correct department. Their customer service are poorly trained and sent me to every department but the right one, they do not listen to what you are saying but instead are to busy reading their script in very poor hard to understand english, it wasn't till I spoke with a Native English representative that I was finally helped and it is yet to be seen if I will receive not only the rebate but the refund for the defective phone.

Cricket has two options for sending in a defective phone, I chose the second where you pay for the phone and they send you a new one and once they receive the defective on they refund your money. They have not refunded my money but instead sent me a second new phone. They also sent me two of the wrong shipping labels to send in the defective phone.

When I asked to speak with a manager they refused, even the manager refused. I can go on and on about the HELL i was put through but will spare you. As a business owner myself, I can only say that I would be out of business if I treated my Customers this way and they will be loosing my business, I wouldn't even except a free phone and free service from these people.

One last important note, when you go to your local Cricket retailer don't expect any help from them, they are only their to sell you the Cheap phones they have not Customer Service, I spent over 3 hours at my local retailer Cricket Wireless at 740 Nordahl Set 122 San Marcos, CA 92069 originally trying to resolve the defective phone, they told me that you only get three days to return the phone, if it goes defective after three days of purchase you have to call customer support. They got their money and they don't give a crap about you!

Upvote 0
I recently left boost mobile for cricket wireless..$75 for service...what a mistake! At least with boost mobile $60 plan it was unlimited data..and i never got a dropped call....data wasn't that good with boost but hell it's even worse with cricket...though it shows cricket has 4gLTE coverage where i live. Ugh!.back to boost i go where at least i could call and text...more money to spend!

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones