• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cricket Wireless Htc One SV JB/Rooted/S-Off

im highjacking my own thread. hello, everyone. this is my first thread so sorry for the mistakes. i was able to update to 4.1.2 ota cricket jelly bean and install a custom recovery and flash superuser w/busybox to root the phone and S-Off. go to moonshine.io website for htc one sv S-Off moonshine zip.(K2_PLC_CL). i take no credit for this. credit goes to these developers.

Moonshine creators, Fuses, beaups, and hyuh. thank you

Matlevo12 for the superuser w/ busybox zip link

jmztaylor for his ics cwm for boost. i edited the recovery.fstab for cricket.

Bkcokota for starting the development on the htc one sv and all his great work.

and thanks to simonsimons34 and shinru2004 for developing custom kernels and for hopefully getting CyanogenMod 10.1 up and running on the Htc One SV.

Please note, this CAN brick your phone. Do not proceed if you are not confident in your ability.
Any damages caused are your own problem and im not responsible for any future issues caused by this process

Superuser w/ busybox 1.20 - Superuser&Bbox_1.20.2_ONE+SV.zip

CWM for Cricket - cwm-crkt.img

Moonshine K2_PLC_CL needs to be downloaded from moonshine.io website

and if needed the OTA Cricket JB System Update Zip (Uploaded by s3anh3d) – http://d-h.st/PYA

Stock Jelly Bean Crkt Recovery - recovery-stock-crkt.img

New Cricket JB System Update (2.04.1050.3) - OTA_K2PLC_CL_JB_45_S_Cricket_US_2.04.1050.3-2.04.1050.2_release_324240oc8lptg86j28z7hk.zip

ok first i updated to JB using software update in the settings/about tab on phone. then flashed the cwm image in fastboot usb. turn phone off then hold vol. down and the power button until it boots into hboot.
fastboot flash recovery cwm-crkt.img
then i flashed the superuser/busybox zip thru cwm recovery. after that was done i made sure to update superuser and to see if it was rooted, it was. then i proceeded to run the windows version of the Moonshine zip(K2_PLC_CL) which took about 5-10min and about 5 reboots to get thru. dont not interrupt the moonshine install. it will do all the work and reboot to system completely after its done. now i have S-Off on my cricket htc one sv. yay oh i rebooted into cwm recovery and fixed permissions after everything finished. i dont know if that is necessary but i ran it and phone is running prefect so far. thanks everybody

edit; a cricket htc one sv system update was released today (2.04.1050.3) download update and copy to sdcard then boot into cwm recovery and choose install zip from sdcard and choose the ota update then flash. do not flash stock recovery and try to flash through android or the phone will relocked/tampered and s-off might not function right. tho phone still shows s-off, zips will fail to flash. i learned that the hard way. lol. oh and i did fix it but had to flash clean jb nandroid then run the moonshine process again then applied new ota.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones