Help Crisis with Flash Player

whs37

Android Enthusiast
Here I need some serious help.

I have been trying to install the Adobe Flash Player. I have 4 browsers. Chrome (where I know it will not install), Opera Mobile, Boat and Dolphin. I have made several attempts with the last thre browsers. It doenloads Flash and shows up in the notification (Picture 3). It gives me the install option (Picture 2) but then it does not install (Picture 1).

Does anybody know how to force it to install. I would prefer to install it for Opera or Boat.

sntaylor

Android Expert
I Sent The Apk Via Email To My Gmail Account, I Then Clicked It And It Downloaded Installing As It Should. As Someone Else Said, Firefox Is The Only One I Can Get It Working On!

whs37

Android Enthusiast
I Sent The Apk Via Email To My Gmail Account, I Then Clicked It And It Downloaded Installing As It Should. As Someone Else Said, Firefox Is The Only One I Can Get It Working On!
Where did you actually find the APK. All sites that seemed to have had it are now blocked.

El Presidente

Beware The Milky Pirate!
You only need to install it once, it will work for all browsers which support it. You might just need to enable it in the browser settings though?

Boat: Settings > Page Content Settings > Enable Flash/Plug Ins
Opera: Can't see an option to enable flash anywhere, sorry :eek:
Dolphin: Menu > More > Settings > Web Content > Flash Player

On Boat & Dolphin, Flash is disabled by default so that's probably why it doesn't work.

whs37

Android Enthusiast
You only need to install it once, it will work for all browsers which support it. You might just need to enable it in the browser settings though?

Boat: Settings > Page Content Settings > Enable Flash/Plug Ins
Opera: Can't see an option to enable flash anywhere, sorry :eek:
Dolphin: Menu > More > Settings > Web Content > Flash Player

On Boat & Dolphin, Flash is disabled by default so that's probably why it doesn't work.
Thank you very much. I got Boat working and now I can watch Tom & Jerry, LOL. Now that I know the principle, I can get the others working too. I am very much obliged.

watty1964

Lurker
Just registered to reply to this topic.

Dolphin is now towing the official android line and will not allow flash. I have only got Firefox to work so far but I bet it won't be long before it's updated and flash disallowed so turn off automatic updating for it.

To get the last version of flash for android simply Google 'adobe flash archived versions'

whs37

Android Enthusiast
Watty, I got it to work in Boat. That's good enough for me. I wonder why they are all bashing the flash player. Probably another one of those Google attempts to try to control the world with their own stuff. Maybe the EU will go after them for improper practices.

El Presidente

Beware The Milky Pirate!
Watty, I got it to work in Boat. That's good enough for me. I wonder why they are all bashing the flash player. Probably another one of those Google attempts to try to control the world with their own stuff. Maybe the EU will go after them for improper practices.

It's actually Adobe that said they're no longer willing to maintain Flash on mobile devices believe it or not.

whs37

Android Enthusiast
It's actually Adobe that said they're no longer willing to maintain Flash on mobile devices believe it or not.
I faintly remember that there was some quarrel between Google and Adobe. I think it was over some patent rights. Why can't they all agree on something for the better of the whole community.

Teknologic

Android Expert
My guess is Google and possibly windows too had too high standards for Adobe's tastes. For all goals and purposes, flash for mobile was far from a finished product. There was still lots to be done in terms of security and performance.
But the way Adobe works is: make software, monetize, update software, monetize, release the same software in slightly different package, monetize, fix bugs and update some minor functions, monetize,... You catch my drift.

What I think it comes down to is flash for mobile just didn't fit in Adobe's corporate plan, because they're used to doing little and getting a lot (free lifetime updates, say whuuut?! :eek::eek:)

Demache

Android Expert
Do you really need the player on your Nexus 7?
For the most part, Flash works pleasantly well on the Nexus 7 (the quad core can easily handle it). And many web browsers allow you to turn on flash on the fly. So performance is not an issue. Its always nice to have in case you want it.