• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Crooked Screen

bunjy

Aug 2, 2010
I noticed that the AMOLED screen on my Dinc is slightly crooked. I can see this on the upper right hand corner of the screen, where the thinckness of the black band by the clock is thinner on the right side than on the left. The reason why I even thought to look was because I was reading an e-mail with really large text and it seemed like the lines of text were sloping ever so slightly upward to the right. Is this normal or do any of you guys notice this? It's ever so slight, but noticeable to me. I would post screenshots, but I can't figure out how to do so.

A screen capture wouldn't work anyway (though yes, there's a way to do it without rooting). The screen could be tilted at a 45 degree angle and a screen capture would still show up strait.

If your screen is crooked, take it to Verizon and have them replace it. We (aka - us here on the boards) do not need to see photographic proof that it's crooked. And unless it is extremely noticeable, we couldn't tell from a picture anyway.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice and help. I took it to the Verizon store and they agreed it was crooked, but they had none in stock to replace it. I will have to have them send me one online. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

By the way, I noticed one of the display units had the problem so I guess I feel better knowing I'm not alone!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice and help. I took it to the Verizon store and they agreed it was crooked, but they had none in stock to replace it. I will have to have them send me one online. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

By the way, I noticed one of the display units had the problem so I guess I feel better knowing I'm not alone!

I just got a Samsung Captivate that has the same thing. This thread is the only crooked screen result I've found Google so far. I've been trying to decide whether or not to take it back, for fear they'd think I'm crazy and give me a hassle. It's very slight, but it is there and I can't help but notice it. How'd things work out for you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones