• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cruz Reader (Firmware Change???)

So i just received Velocity's Cruz eReader. It's for lack of better words.......tolerable.

The web browser works fine. No multi touch. No flash.(which was a real bummer for me since i own a Moto Droid) The response time is HORRIFIC. Not to mention you basically have to chisel into the lettering to type. The lack of applications was another real letdown for me.

My reason for the thread though, would be for anyone here to have an idea of if it would be possible to change the firmware? I looked and it said it was stocked with "Eclair"(i dont know to much about Eclair) Would it be possible to install the current update say.....on the Moto Droid?

I can deal with the response time and lettering, as ive found and apk online that says it improves touch screen sensitivity. Besides, it was free :D

Someone was some information pleaseeeee??? :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones