• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cruzer Lite Androidified cases

I'm not worried about the volume button, if it's a problem I'll cut it out. Was just wondering about the occasional drop. I don't drop phones often, I dropped my og droid maybe a handful of times over 2 years.

The cases with the big Andy on the back have cut-outs for all buttons & ports, including the volume rocker. The charger cord fits perfectly. It also matches-up well with the Zagg invisibleShield.

Great case, IMHO. I got the Teal one & love it! (No drops yet.)

Upvote 0
I have the teal. Even my high school students love it...especially the little droids on it. I have the extended battery in...totally fits, not too snug in the least. I sometimes even pop out my phone then switch it out with my stock battery and still fits just as easy--not stretched out in any way. Fits just the same as with the extended.

I did end up cutting out the volume button hole which took all of one minute to do. And I love that it doesn't collect any dust particles or lint.

P.s..to the poster who asked about the teal and ics blue...ah ha ha ha thats one thing my students loved...how it went so well with the screen colors.

Upvote 0
I'm not worried about the volume button, if it's a problem I'll cut it out. Was just wondering about the occasional drop. I don't drop phones often, I dropped my og droid maybe a handful of times over 2 years.

IMO it will protect better than a silicone case in a drop but not as well as an otterbox or a heavy duty hard plastic case however it doesn't add that much bulk to the phone itself.

Upvote 0
I'm only worried about the case leaving residue on the phone, it happened to one of my friend's fascinate on the same type of case.

Same thing happened on my Incredible. I had a silicone Amzer argyle case on it and it left an argyle imprint on the battery case. In this case; it actually made the phone look pretty bad ass when you removed it from the case.

Upvote 0
Same thing happened on my Incredible. I had a silicone Amzer argyle case on it and it left an argyle imprint on the battery case. In this case; it actually made the phone look pretty bad ass when you removed it from the case.

These are TPU cases not silicone they are more rigid and less likely to get stretched out.

Upvote 0
Just got my Cruzerlite cases and am very disappointed. Not a single port lines up they're all off but about 2mm and they're not even off in the same direction. Some are off to the left, some off to the right, up, down......

Would not recommend.

I purchased 3 and don't have that issue...I did see some reviews saying if they don't line up try taking it off and putting it on again. If that doesn't work contact the seller to try to exchange it

Upvote 0
Just got my Cruzerlite cases and am very disappointed. Not a single port lines up they're all off but about 2mm and they're not even off in the same direction. Some are off to the left, some off to the right, up, down......

Would not recommend.

Like Yeahha, I have 3 and everything lines up perfectly. The guy who sells them is quite responsive, he is on the forums here and encourages people to email him if they need anything, so I would definitely second the suggestion to contact him, either through Amazon or wherever you bought them, or through direct email at cruzerlite@gmail.com (he posted it in a few other public threads, so I feel ok reposting here). It's possible you got the wrong version, or maybe it was just a bad run or something.

Upvote 0
I ordered 3 Thursday morning (buy 2 get 1 free). I received my orange case with all the little androids on it yesterday. The other two were shipped from a different location so will probably be here Monday. Thanks amazon, super fast free shipping. I've never bought anything from them, but definitely will again.

I like it. It looks and fits great. I don't have a problem with the volume cover, it is snug around the area but when you put it on just make sure the button fits in completely. Or cut it out if you feel like it. I'll post pics once the other ones get here.

Reactions: quiklives
Upvote 0
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it may cover the volume buttons. I have a white/clear one with a pattern of small Andys on it, and it covers the volume buttons. This wasn't precisely a problem, I didn't experience the case pushing the buttons or anything (like some people did with Diztronic cases) but it did seem to make the volume buttons feel less clicky.

You may want to cut it out or something.

Can't comment so much on protection, just keep in mind they're thin, fairly minimal cases.

Yep, I have that one, love it. And with the volume buttons being covered, it's impossible to use. I cut them out with an exacto knife and no problems now.
I'll look into the new ones too.

Upvote 0
Yep, I have that one, love it. And with the volume buttons being covered, it's impossible to use. I cut them out with an exacto knife and no problems now.
I'll look into the new ones too.

I didn't have any trouble using it, but it did make the volume buttons less clicky, which I didn't like so much. I knew I was getting some of the ones with it cut out anyway so I didn't worry about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones