• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CSC problem Help please

Hemaizia Baha

Lurker
Jun 21, 2018
HI everyone
I have s8 (G950F) android 7;i want instal oreo and my phone dont receive ota update and says the last update is installed :mad::mad::mad:
when i check my CSC on phone info samsung is blank; and done a refurbished check and this message comes up:
Warning: Your phone does not have active CSC code
and knox is 0x0
What is the cause of this problem and how to fix it !! :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:
thanks;);)

Reactions: aungmyomim
The CSC is a "country specific code" that identifies the intended market for the hardware. It is also used to match firmware to the hardware since Samsung may have the same model phone using different components, depending on where it's sold. My guess is the phone was modified at some point and lost it's CSC code. Official Samsung OTA's will not like not being able to identify the origin of the phone.

Upvote 0
It might be possible to determine the CSC from the firmware you're running currently and then reflash the stock firmware using Smart Switch as @Jfalls63 suggests.

Before you do anything, make sure anything you wish to save is backed up off the phone. Then get Smart Switch. You'll want the Emergency Software Recovery to flash the new firmware. And, to get it you'll need both the model and serial number so it can verify the correct download.

Here's what I got from Samsung's support site:

1. Use the software update feature within the Smart Switch for PC/Mac application:
    Warning: Performing the following software update procedure will result in deletion of all data on your device. These steps should be performed only in the event the device is inoperable due to a failed software update or if you are recovering Samsung-approved software after installing a custom ROM.
    1. Unplug the device from your computer and restart Smart Switch.
    2. Select MORE in the top-right corner of the Smart Switch screen, and then select Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization.
    3. Select the Software Update and Initialization tab.
    4. Enter your device information (model name and serial number) and click OK.
    5. Upon initialization, all data will be deleted. Click OK.
    6. Read the information to connect the device and click OK.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones