• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CSV File

When I upload my csv file to google mail I can only see certain collumms and no Name fiel. When I export to my Ally Droid same think. Anybody can help, thanks

I had trouble viewing my contacts from backup assistant online so i couldnt get the csv file but i found another way to do it. Contacts-->Menu-->Import/Export. Then click export to SD card. Now trying going into gmail on your computer and uploading that vCard file for your contacts. This worked well for me.

Upvote 0
I had trouble viewing my contacts from backup assistant online so i couldnt get the csv file but i found another way to do it. Contacts-->Menu-->Import/Export. Then click export to SD card. Now trying going into gmail on your computer and uploading that vCard file for your contacts. This worked well for me.

Yes I found this method as well. It worked great except for the fact that not only did it bring in all of my contacts from my phone but it brought in EVERYONE I have ever emailed with my Gmail account. So I had to go in and manually delete all the extra unwanted contacts from the google contact list.
However once done this was the best ever result. Now ALL of my contacts are Google contacts. What does this mean? Well it means not having to ever have to use Verizons Backup again and that every time you switch ROMs All your contacts plus their pictures come in automatically. You never ever have to think about it again done deal.

p.s. Great post Dumbteentarget

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones