1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CTmod 3.6 with extras

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rfrayer, Aug 8, 2012.

1. rfrayer

rfrayer Member

This is not my rom it is CTMod with a few build prop tweaks and a few programs added. Heres the main changed I made

1. Added Star Settings from a comlete different rom (it works and gives native tethering) got it from below

http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/454412-acs-star-scrom-transform-ultra.html

2. Added Foxfi .

Download from:
    Sorry Ive decided to no longer share work with this forum

1. unzip
    2. compy to clockworkmod/backup
    3. reboot into recovery
    4. reset to stock
    5. wipe dalvik
    6. restore

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rfrayer

rfrayer Member

sorry for the spelling big fingers small keyboard

3. cheetoskill

cheetoskill Newbie

checking it out now :D

4. cheetoskill

cheetoskill Newbie

i installed it and got an error saying installation aborted

5. rfrayer

rfrayer Member

it isnt a flashable zip unzip it and stick it into the clockworkmod folder where the backups go and use the restore option after wiping and wiping delvik

6. cheetoskill

cheetoskill Newbie

ohh i see thanks gonna do it now :D

7. cheetoskill

cheetoskill Newbie

i love it good job!

8. rfrayer

rfrayer Member

9. cheetoskill

cheetoskill Newbie

one quick question if i were to do another rom that u install with zip from the phone not recovery. would i have to do anything extra or the same thing

10. rfrayer

rfrayer Member

i beieve you can use sdk to clone your rom into a flashable zip, i just dont see the point of it if you allready have cwm. most peoples roms for prevail are flashable

11. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

If this ROM contains the paid Root Explorer from GooglePlay, it is against AF policy to add paid apps to custom ROMs.

Just wanted to give you a heads up if it is that app so you can remove it before the MODs take action against you.

12. hate

hate Android Enthusiast

how does native tethering compare to using wifi tethering?

13. kdraw44

kdraw44 Android Enthusiast

So was paid apps removed? I want to try this out but I will not support roms with paid apps in them.

14. kristopher5823

kristopher5823 Android Enthusiast

don't think there was a paid app like i call es file root explorer cause it mounts system but i could be wrong

kdraw44 likes this.
  15. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Like Kris said, I'm not sure it was a paid app. I just wanted to let the author of the thread know that if it was then it needs to be removed. I would say that since the MODs have not said anything that it is OK. :D

kdraw44 likes this.
  16. kdraw44

Cool, I think I'll go ahead and try it on for size. Let you know how it goes.:)

17. dont work.
    md5 mismatch

18. kdraw44

I lost my phone at work today.:puke:Maybe someone will find it and turn it in.:(

19. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

kdraw44 likes this.
  20. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

hopefully someone will be a good person at heart and do the right thing. also should have installed an app to find a lost phone or be able to wipe it from another phone. i did after someone else's got stolen and they told us about it.

kdraw44 likes this.
  21. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

Yup, Avast does a good job with that......... lots of options available to remotely control your phone in stealth mode ! ;)

kdraw44 likes this.
  22. kdraw44

Somebody found my phone and turned it in to security. WooHooo!! Thanks guys for the suggestions. The first thing I did was put Lookout on it. If phone is powered off will it boot your phone remotely?

23. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

Glad you found your phone. for lookout I don't know most won't reboot your phone they will just find your phone even though it shuts down or it'll turn your phone off lock it or wipe it.

kdraw44 likes this.
  24. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

kdraw44 likes this.
  25. hate

hate Android Enthusiast

hey... was wondering if foxfi was working for everyone. It force closes when i try to start tethering.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews