• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cubot King Kong orange state

Kruchy12340

Lurker
Apr 12, 2020
Hello.
I have a problem with my brother's Cubot.

He asked me to root it. The first problem appeared when I started fastboot mode. The phone stopped reacting when I was pressing buttons and to exit the mode i had to wait to battery discharge (nothing was did yet, fastboot was started for the very first time).

The next and biggest problem appeared after installing twrp. I unlocked OEM, installed the above-mentioned picture and reset the phone. Since then I can only see this what is on the picture i attached. Side buttons don't react, I cannot start the fastboot. After connecting to a computer I can hear the sound which informs about finding device and then device manager is going crazy, the device disconnection sound appears over and over again. I cannot do completely anything neither by phone nor computer. And the phone starts only for a while when I coonect it to the charger

img20200411173117-min_5e91e72cc41d9.jpg

Likely far too late for you, but:
"installing twrp. I unlocked OEM, installed the above-mentioned picture and reset the phone."
I've done the same. After that, you can access the phone in fastboot mode only (until you flash a proper image).
To get to fastboot mode, do: the moment it powers OFF briefly, you hold vol up + power buttons, until screen flickers with three options:
recovery mode
fastboot mode
normal mode

Now use Vol up button to select fastboot, and vol down button to confirm.
You are in fastboot mode!

You can check if device is properly connected to laptop with:
.\fastboot devices
This should then show the device number on the laptop screen.

Now do any fastboot commands you need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones