• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cupcake + Stereo Bluetooth Headset

Darragh

Lurker
May 14, 2009
Hey guys, has anyone actually managed to get a stereo bluetooth headset working since cupcake? I see several people have said yay they can now use it, but don't know if anyone actually succeeded. I'm hoping to buy one from jaybirdgear.com so want to make sure it works before I do :)

Hey guys, has anyone actually managed to get a stereo bluetooth headset working since cupcake? I see several people have said yay they can now use it, but don't know if anyone actually succeeded. I'm hoping to buy one from jaybirdgear.com so want to make sure it works before I do :)

Dont know about a specific unit... best to test before buying ... I bought a generic ATT Stero headset ... both Phone and Media are fine ...

I am rooted with DEV's JF ADP 1.5

Upvote 0
This was one of the updates in cupcake that I was the most excited about. I just installed the UK 1.5 on my US phone, and cant get music to play through my bluetooth headset. Its only a mono headset but you should still be able to play music through it!

As much as I love android, I really miss symbian sometimes...

Upvote 0
This was one of the updates in cupcake that I was the most excited about. I just installed the UK 1.5 on my US phone, and cant get music to play through my bluetooth headset. Its only a mono headset but you should still be able to play music through it!

As much as I love android, I really miss symbian sometimes...

This happened to me too. I connected to by headset, went to play music and nothing. I had to disable and then re-enable the media-2-headset option for it to work. I can't remember where its located at, should be under Bluetooth settings. Try that.

But other then that I've had no problems. I own a Sony DR-BT22 stereo headset.

Upvote 0

I installed Cupcake JFv1.5 on my G1.

Testing BT stereo was one of the first things I checked out.

Paired an old Philips BT Vox340 stereo headset, that allows calls through it too.

Philips VOX 340 Bluetooth Stereo Headset : Holiday Buyer's Guide 2006, Part 5: The Mobile Stuff

Cupcake recognized it (did not "auto pair" as some say the update does), entered 0 0 0 0 and fired it up.

Works perfect on stereo music and perfect on phone calls I have made.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. oh and I'm using a pair of LG HBS-200:
http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/lg-bluetooth-stereo-headset/4505-13831_7-32559289.html

I tried to play music through my bluetooth and it doesnt work... I have a Motorola H680.

I've successfully made phone calls with the bluetooth.

It only seemed to work when I was in a phone call... Strange.

So the bluetooth doesnt stay "active" when not in a phone call.

Any ideas? Do I have to get a new BT?

Upvote 0
I've got a Jaybird-200 headset and the HTC Magic/ Google Ion that was given out at Google I/O. It's running Android 1.5, and the stereo bluetooth works with no problem. The phone picked up the headset without me even having to put them into discoverable mode, so it was even faster to pair them.

Just turn them on and then go to Settings --> Wireless Controls --> Bluetooth settings, select the headset, and you're done. You can do this before starting the music or while the music is already running. You may or may not need to disconnect from other audio devices if you've got more than one.

Upvote 0
Hi newsoltsc, I saw your post: "
I tried to play music through my bluetooth and it doesnt work... I have a Motorola H680.

I've successfully made phone calls with the bluetooth.

It only seemed to work when I was in a phone call... Strange.

So the bluetooth doesnt stay "active" when not in a phone call.

Any ideas? Do I have to get a new BT?
" and wanted to ask you what you did to get your bluetooth to work? Mine was working PERFECTLY until the cupcake update. I've been told to go to the store and make sure that it's not that the H680 is incompatible with G1 but rather it's maybe my specific phone that refuses to work...

But if you have a H680 and a G1 and it allows you to make phone calls (and get phone calls) then maybe my solution is as simple as getting a new phone!?

I really hope so because I don't want to have to buy a new bluetooth all because of an update to my phone that I didn't even have a choice to not take!

Upvote 0
Hi newsoltsc, I saw your post: "" and wanted to ask you what you did to get your bluetooth to work? Mine was working PERFECTLY until the cupcake update. I've been told to go to the store and make sure that it's not that the H680 is incompatible with G1 but rather it's maybe my specific phone that refuses to work...

But if you have a H680 and a G1 and it allows you to make phone calls (and get phone calls) then maybe my solution is as simple as getting a new phone!?

I really hope so because I don't want to have to buy a new bluetooth all because of an update to my phone that I didn't even have a choice to not take!

Hi,

I still have yet to get it to play music to my bluetooth. But I can make phone calls through bluetooth.

It works when I'm in a call for some reason. I think this is because it "keeps the connection" and when you arent in a call it isnt keeping a connection. Or is de-activating the connection when not being used.

It may be the h680 bluetooth. I know other bluetooth devices keep the connection. Whereas the h680 doesnt keep it.

But if ou figure it out let me know lol

Upvote 0
I picked up these after the standard OTA Cupcake update and not only do they work for all media audio, but holy crap the quality is outstanding for the price I paid $40 at Micro Center.

Kensington Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Review

Kensington brand stereo bluetooth.

They have full play, pause, skip, rewind & volume controls they pair up to the Android qulickly (no code) you get more than a normal days use time out of a 2 hour charge, and the audio quality is better than any wired set I've ever used.

31995.jpg

Upvote 0
This is a quick update on my experience with my Moto S9 stereo headset with my G1. Inside it works well. I like the volume, track up/down, answer, call ignore, and mute functions. All seems to work well with the G1. Charging of the S9 is a breeze with the same chargers used for the G1.

Outside I encounter fairly frequent interruptions in signal. I wear my G1 in a holster on my belt. This must be a common S9 issue because Moto included a small sheet of paper indicating that music devices/phones should be worn above the hip area. Really? That's not very convenient.

Battery life on both devices is okay. S9 runs for about 5 to 6 hours on a charge. G1 already has power issues, but since the screen is off while listening to music I haven't found the drain THAT bad. It would likely run out of juice before the headset, however.

Upvote 0
GeoUSA, agreed on your review. I hope you still like it though :)

I didn't even know about the small sheet of paper telling you to keep it above the hip area. That explains the "hiccups" i get from the signal. Since im mostly behind a desk, I just place it on the table and it works fine :) Would most likely be a bit of an issue for people who love to jog/workout along with their phone though.

The quality of calls isn't really the best. My wife says that I always sound "weird" when I use them for calls (lol), but at least it works.

I think what I like the most is the comfy fit these have. They're so light and miniscule that most of the time people don't notice that I have these on (which can be both good and bad at times).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones