1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Cupcake update?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by acurran, May 29, 2009.

1. acurran

acurran New Member

May 29, 2009
    I just got an update on my G1. Im not sure if it is the cupcake. I see that the security is diffrent and some icons, and now I can just turn the volume all the way down to put it on silent or vibrate,but my contacts arnt different, and i havent noticed an on screen keyboard. Did I get the cupcake update. If not what did i get? Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. danthemfman

danthemfman Member

Oct 24, 2008
    If you did get the update, the virtual keyboard, animations, auto-rotate, ect aren't enabled by default. if you go under settings, then display and sounds, you can enable them there.

3. darkdata

darkdata New Member

May 29, 2009
    also if you go under "settings" and then select "About Phone" then scroll to "Firmware Version" if its 1.5 you have cupcake

4. Inferno

Inferno Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I just checked my phone i have V1.5 but no on-screen keyboard :p

5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
  6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    You Google search on the desktop ... single touch the input area .. you keyboard should popup on screen

Also make sure that in system settings under Locale & Text that you have selected Android Keyboard

7. Inferno

Inferno Member

Jun 8, 2009
    hmmmmm still not working....... under text settings i only see Device keyboard and select local

8. Inferno

Inferno Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Nevermind.... i found out that canadians dont have the on-screen keyboard :p i found a different way too get it :D