• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cupcake: what are you looking forward to?

punkzanyj

Android Expert
Oct 20, 2008
For me, it's probably the Widgets. Although the lack of them has forced a certain level of innovation. For example would Quick Calendar have bothered to make a notification shade option if they'd been able to make a widget instead? Weather bug developed a way to put the current temp in the notification bar, and when you pull the shade you can see today's current forcast for your location -- would they have tried if they had widget capability? There's something to be said for how programing limitations create opportunities for innovation.
Other than the new look, can't really say I care about the other options. I probably won't like the virt keyboard, and autorotate will probably drive me nuts until I shut it off.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones