• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Curiosity

Mysterka35

May 31, 2017
Hello, I have seen this many times before but never started digging in why.. So, can you folks say me this thing.. Why most of the games (specifically racing) hide true car brands name? For ezample demolition derby two on Android.. There is clearly Lamborghini, Volkswagen Golf, Porche and many other respective models. But now lets look at the other games.. Like old buy gold Need for speed most wanted 2005 which is on pc,. Why car brands and models displayed as correctly as they are?

The thing is that if the game (or whatever) is used "for profit" and the original brand owner sees it they not only can make them stop selling the game, they can take the profits, too.
Now the next question. How does one gain permission to include specific brand resources? Does he have to contact the right owner of brand or how?

For most recognizable brands it's through a legal or marketing department and there are plenty of terms and conditions before a release is given.

Upvote 0
So, bluntly speaking it has a lot to do with business.
Businesses are required to proactively defend their trademarks and service marks or they lose any legal protection of them, so it forces them to take sometimes draconian kneejerk reactions to what otherwise could be mutually beneficial use of the mark.

Now the next question. How does one gain permission to include specific brand resources? Does he have to contact the right owner of brand or how?
You would need to enter into a licensing agreement with the holder of the rights.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for given information!! 😊😊; I was wondering for long about this stuff 😊😊. Suppose same goes for example buying Dell laptop and there is additional recommendation to buy Mc'Afee antivirus with ' Dell's Recommended' . A clear example I think haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones