1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Curious about apps marketing

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by deltaforce, Apr 23, 2012.

1. deltaforce

deltaforce Android Enthusiast

Hello folks,

This question is just out of curiosity. There are many apps offering lite and pro version, usually lite version has limitations PLUS advertising.

So my question is, how much developers earn out of advertising? One of the recent articles on the web testing battery consumption came to the conclusion that apps with advertisements suck up a lot of battery, so some users (say, like me) may want to avoid such apps. If the developers are aware of this problem and earning enough though advertisements, why not offer fully featured app WITH advertisements and ask user to PAY to get rid of advertisements.
    Secondly, instead of offering lite version, why not offer full version for a period to test all features and then it goes lite after that period if not purchased? Majority of PC apps come with this feature.

I apologize if it sounds silly but I am not a developer so don't know how business works in this area, just curious.

Thanks for the comments.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Android Wax

Android Wax Well-Known Member

It depends on the type of app. Tools and productivity apps should offer a time trial. Live wallpapers should have limited functions. I never put ads in my apps for two reason. Customers hate ads and they don't generate a lot of revenue from my experiences.