1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Curious about other people's awake time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pkts, Dec 10, 2009.

1. pkts

pkts Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see this exact question asked. I was wondering what most peoples awake time (in minutes) is for a day of use and how that effects there battery time. It's probably silly of me but I don't like seeing my battery being run down a lot even though I charge every day.

I get about two hours of awake time in about 14-16 hours of it being on.

It's been on (but airplane on) since 2am, turned on at 7am, now its 5pm and its at 5:30pm. The GPS is mostly off...no wifi connection, only EVDO. I noticed that when I woke up at 7:30 that the phone was at 97% (after turning its airplane off at 7am). The previous night, with the airplane mode always on, the battery was at 100% in the morning 8 hours later. So, it seems that with the phone sleeping but with gmails coming in and phone/data connection, the battery loses 1% per 10 minutes.

Is the battery monitor accurate? Over the weekend the phone lasted from 8am on saturday to 11pm, then airplane mode until 8am on sunday (50% left at this point) and then finally died at Sunday around midnight. it seemed like the last 10% lasted forever.

Sorry for all the info, I'm just curious what other peoples experiences have been?

Advertisement

2. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Up time is 256 hours
    Awake time is 56 hours. Which is 21% according to my phone.

I tend to use web and email on evdo heavy at work. My battery lasts me from 620 am when I unplug it till 930 pm when I plug it in around 13% charge left.

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I'm usually at 20-35% over the course of a day. My battery lasts between 22 and 30 hours on a charge depending on how heavy my usage has been.

4. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    California
    Right now im at 11% with 1 hour of awake time. I just got it yesterday and fully charged it and still had a full battery over night.

5. pkts

pkts Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Thanks guys! It seems that, in airplane mode, the phone stays at 100% overnight. It went down to 97% after 45 minutes of checking emails and having the radio on in the background. Then down to 93% by 2 hours into the day of the same. Now 3 hours into the radio being on (and after a little gps, some IMing and a phonecall) I am down to 90%. So far so good. The battery indicator definitely seems non-linear. It can go from 100% down to 95% very fast but then slow from 95% to 90% despite much more usage. Also, once it hits 50%, it seems to rundown further quite slowly.

Thanks again!

6. pkts

pkts Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Well, its now 5 hours after radio on and I'm only down to 83% ! Very happy with that. Downloaded a couple of apps. Had GPS on for 3 hours. Only real change I made since yesterday was uninstalling ATK so maybe that uses a fair amount of battery?

Damn, I love this phone :D

Tags: