1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Curious contact image glitch....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by syrguy1969, Sep 13, 2010.

1. syrguy1969

syrguy1969 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    I am on Virtuous 2.6 ROM and noticed a curious thing going on with my contact images. I have used Handcent since day one with my Incredible and about a week ago the contact images stopped showing for my most often used texting contacts. I have found that new contacts that text me, or some that havent texted much have images showing, but my family (most used) don't. I have tried everything I can think of. I don't think it is the ROM, I have uninstalled Handcent, deleted cache, reinstalled, deleted all conversations, and even tried Chomp....same results.

Any ideas? Is this happening to others?

Thanks for any feedback

Advertisement

2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Marketing Analyst/Web Developer/Social Media Analy
    Philadelphia
    Try turning off the social integration section in handcent. i think that is designed to replace contact images with facebook images. as in, if they dont have a facebook, no picture. other than that, no idea.

3. syrguy1969

None

Apr 21, 2010
    Never even went into that part of the settings, but it was on. I never changed it to cause it to have the images and then stop suddenly, but worth a shot...now I need to sit and wait for another text LOL! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll post results.

I wouldn't be so concerned about it, but that is my identifyer at work or driving (I don't text while driving, but it is a good indicator if I need to get to it sooner than later) and kinda instrumental to my entire lock-screen layout!!!

4. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Marketing Analyst/Web Developer/Social Media Analy
    Philadelphia
    yeah i know what you mean, hopefully that will do it for you. ill let you know if i think of anything else.

5. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Seeking employment
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I use the HTC Sense default messages & I get similar issue...half of my texts don't pull in the contact photos to the main screen listing text conversations. Once I open a thread, everyone's photos are there. Occurred after 2.2.

6. syrguy1969

None

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion NoShftShck16, but no-go!! Still no images. :(

rapidsandroid....Sorry your getting it as well, but I am kinda glad I'm not alone in this. I am thinking it is 2.2 related myself. I posted in the Handcent forums, but no reply or ideas there yet.