1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Curious (When were you eligible?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GFA, Feb 20, 2011.

1. GFA

GFA Android Enthusiast

Since we have all been waiting 'patiently' for this phone to launch and it has been a disaster I thought it would be interesting to see how long everyone has been eligible for an upgrade. Some of us have been waiting for a long time, some of us aren't even eligible yet, and others have had their upgrade date moved to try to get their hands on this phone.

So when is/was your upgrade date that you are using towards the Thunderbolt?

My upgrade date was February 5th and I am beyond ready to get rid of my current phone and get my hands on the TB.

Advertisement

2. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

i recently started wanting a new phone maybe a week before valentines day so i hadnt had to wait as long as some of u guys. my phone is starting to give me many problems. so it was time to change.

3. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Android Enthusiast

4. Geidroid

Geidroid Member

January...but decided to wait for the iphone but then saw the light and decided to wait for the TB about two weeks ago :D

5. april 12 but they let me upgrade

6. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Android Enthusiast

September, but I got VZW to hook me up with an early upgrade for this phone. I love VZW. :D

7. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member

I'm most likely getting this phone, it looks awesome and just can't bring myself to go the iphone way. My (last) early annual upgrade isn't until May 10, but my husband has his upgrade ready to go and he isn't getting a phone anytime soon (I'm the phone freak in this relationship). He'll give me his upgrade if I ask him to but I'm still waiting to see what people think of the phone once they actually have it in their hands.

8. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

I have my last annual upgrade available now (as of February 1st, I believe). If it wasn't for the TB, I'd wait it out until my two-year in September so that I could re-sign on a one-year instead of two since annuals are a thing of the past. :( I'm just banking on the TB holding its value for a while in case I get the urge to buy out of contract.

9. fath0m

fath0m Member

12/31/2010

10. rdubbs007

rdubbs007 Well-Known Member

Was: 3-8-11
    AFTER CSR call:
    Now: Now

11. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member

12. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Android Expert

Is it because you owned an Incredible like me? :D

13. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

i have been eligible since Oct. 28 2010 (1 year after BB storm 2 release, which i traded for my droid), but i really wanted to hold out for a 4G device. i sincerely hope they get the t-bolt in stores this week because, in my mind, every additional day i wait now is just another day i have to wait at the end of my next contract. lol.

yes, i know i have a problem. :eek:

14. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I have an Incredible I got early May, but with a two year contract. Me thinks me is stuck with the Inc for a tad longer (another year?).

Any of you folks on a two year contract with the Inc and getting a discount?

15. Little Green Robot

Little Green Robot Well-Known Member

November 2010. Yeah, I've been waiting for a while.

16. stew560

stew560 Member

You think that's bad? 03/12/2010!