• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

current best bang for the buck 10" tablet

boatman

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
Looked for this, can't believe I couldn't find this type of thread but maybe I am not looking in the right spot... Pls redirect or post link if it exists...

I am looking for 10" tablet mostly to do reading, watch some movies, surfing etc. Will be used in living room and on vacations, not really for work, but just because I want something light and capable.

I know the nexus/samsungs etc. are really good, but they are pricey.

I found this Asus Memo Pad at staples for $199, Asus Memo Pad ME102 10.1'', 16GB Tablet | Staples®

was very light, and looked OK. I know this isn't the best resolution, but it seems to be reasonable for what I want.

Don't want to pay $400+, but would be willing to pay a bit more if anyone has something better, please chime in. Thanks.

Hello,

I'm a complete newby to the Android Tablet market but I have just purchased directly from China the 10.1 Cube U30GT-2, its heavy and thicker then most tablets but not overly so and the specs' for your money IMO are very good.

If you know how to root and you know your way round Android OS I have seen them available for $225---in black or white.

I have just purchased mine, factory rooted, delivered to the UK for $300.

Good Luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones