1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

current city wrong on home screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hanimilly, Feb 10, 2011.

1. hanimilly

hanimilly Lurker

My home screen says I'm in Aquadilla. I'm in Fayetteville. Nowhere near that place. So its giving me the temp of that place. A nice balmy 82*.. while here, its a chilly 43*.
    Anyone know why my phone keeps doing this? I've powered off and on my Evo. It says my current city at first but then eventually changes to Aquadilla. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

For some cycling the refresh and sync settings fixes this. You may also need to phone in or stop by a sprint store and have your phone reprovisioned. Above this general area are some sub forums. There are currently around 8 threads about this issue that started after the last update. Check those out for more details.

Oh and welcome to the forums!

3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Welcome to the forums :). This is a common issue that has been going on since the Evo was released. It seems to be more common now, though. Here is a recent thread discussing it. Inside, you'll find many links to other threads discussing the issue along with some things you can try that will hopefully fix it.

EDIT: Mr. Ed beat me to it :)

4. hanimilly

hanimilly Lurker

Thanks folks. Yeah. Sorry about the whole new thread thing. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of thing...forums and such. I'll check out the threads.
    Many thanks.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

No worries. We are all here to help each other!

6. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

FWIW I have seen this twice, but it generally sorts itself out on its own shortly. Don;t really have a time limit per se, but I would say less than a couple of hours. Shoot, I'm not REALLY trying to be intentionally vague.

7. hanimilly

hanimilly Lurker

Isah, I've done the whole hard reset, battery, and update stuff. Nothing has worked. I tried touching and holding the weather and it worked. Not sure if it was a fluke or not. Either way, I'm no longer in80* Anguilla and sadly, in 40* Fayetteville.
    I look forward to learning more from this forum.
    Thanks for all the help.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews