1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Current iPhone Fan Wanting to Go to Android..pls help..

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Graceflanger, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Graceflanger

Graceflanger Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Student
    Jeannette
    Hey guys,

I am a current iPhone user and have been since the first iPhone. I am using an iPhone 3G that is falling apart and I really want to upgrade. Obviously, being a lover of the iPhone the iPhone 4 would be my first choice, but with all the problems, I don't want it but I am still nervous about getting an Android phone. Now being on ATT my choices are really limited. Either the HTC Aria, Moto Backflip, or I could get the Nexus One. I checked out the Aria today and I really like it. I just don't want to get it, especially if I can't get Froyo on it, when it comes out that is. Does anyone know if the Aria will be able to get it?
    I want to switch but I just don't know all the benefits.

Advertisement

2. TheBrit

TheBrit Android Expert

Aug 25, 2009
    UK
    It sounds like the Nexus One will be the best option for you. :)

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Nexus one!

Welcome aboard BTW!!!

Graceflanger likes this.
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    I would also include the Samsung Captivate to your list. It's coming to At&t real soon and it looks like it will be shipping with 2.2. Other then that I would say N1 all the way, it's still a great phone.

BTW-I went from an iPhone 3G to a N1 and I can tell you that I am not going back.

5. Jammy

Jammy Android Expert

May 29, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I'd go for the Nexus One if I were you.

I tried the Galaxy S in the Carphone Warehouse today and it felt really cheap and tacky :/

6. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Ya log another person saying the Nexus One, it already has Froyo 2.2 and has a 1GHZ processor, should be a nice phone for you.

7. TheBrit

TheBrit Android Expert

Aug 25, 2009
    UK
    Yeah, and on top of that the casing looks like an iPhone rip-off. Good specs though.

Graceflanger, why would iPhone 4 be your first choice anyway? Just because Steve Jobby says it's best does not make it so. iPhone 4 is still playing catch-up with the best that Android has to offer. Nexus beats it all the way and with Android 2.2 rolling out it steams further ahead.

8. Graceflanger

Graceflanger Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Student
    Jeannette
    Well I have alot of music that I downloaded with iTunes so having a phone and iPod all in one is nice, but the problems with it made me want to go Android. I got the Aria and hoping to get it Friday. I would have gotten the N1, but being a college student with a limited budget paying $500 for that would have been out of the question. I compared the specs of the iPhone 3G and the Aria, and the Aria is actually about 200MHz faster, and has more RAM than the 3G. I only spent $80 for the upgrade so I will be more than happy with it. I'm really looking forward to putting the emulators and playing some GBC games on my new Android. I also saw that there is a Super Mario World live background that I want too. :)