1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Current Location...how do I turn off??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by reevesjo, Sep 5, 2020.

1. reevesjo

reevesjo Lurker

LG Stylo phone, Sprint Service, Android. At frequent intervals, the phone vibrates (no noise) and a new Current Location shows up on my screen. How can I disable this feature. I have gone to Personal, Location and clicked OFF, but it continues to do this. It has not done this before. I have no idea what I did to make it start. I have updated the Android system a few times when notified.

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Wow, have you installed a VPN? Because I have some apps that will use the VPN's location instead of the GPS location. One app uses both and there's no sense to it! Drives me crazy!

MrJavi likes this.
  3. reevesjo

reevesjo Lurker

Wow, have you installed a VPN?
    Not on purpose. How I can know? Do I really need it? Just a little irritating to be constantly reminded of the Current Location message and the time and temperature.

MrJavi likes this.
  4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

That kind of sounds like a widget. Are you sure you didn't set a widget to do those things every X [hours][minutes][seconds]?

puppykickr, Hadron and MrJavi like this.
  5. reevesjo

reevesjo Lurker

OK. I found it. It was hidden in the Channel 13 Weather Widget. I eliminated ALL notifications and the Location notice that kept appearing FINALLY disappeared. Thanks Moody Blues for the clue. Case closed!!!

Xavier Black, puppykickr and Madasa like this.
  6. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Yay! You're welcome. :D

Madasa likes this.
  7. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Weather apps are notorious security nightmares.

A much better solution for weather info is to bookmark

emergencyemail.org

into your browser, and then go ahead and go through the site.to find the weather in your area.

Also bookmark this new link, and then you will have instant weather info whenever you open your browser and select that bookmark.