• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Current Nexus 7 Quality Control

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2011
Illinois
I'm wondering if anyone has any update on the quality control of the Nexus 7. I have gone through three that had significant screen lift on the left side. I absolutely LOVED the thing, but I couldn't get passed that, so I've been waiting around to see if anything changes in the near future and they come out in a little better condition. I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

I bought a 8GB & a 16GB last month and not had one issue with either one. 8GB was bought at Office Depot & the 16GB from Wal-Mart.

Do you have any screen lift at all? Even the smallest amount?

I went through 3 that all had it to varying degrees. Which was so unfortunate because I LOVED this tablet otherwise. It was absolutely perfect for me. I just couldn't deal with the screen lift. It always worried me thinking I would crack the screen sooner rather than later. So I was wondering if anything had changed in QC.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Do you have any screen lift at all? Even the smallest amount?

I went through 3 that all had it to varying degrees. Which was so unfortunate because I LOVED this tablet otherwise. It was absolutely perfect for me. I just couldn't deal with the screen lift. It always worried me thinking I would crack the screen sooner rather than later. So I was wondering if anything had changed in QC.

Thanks!!
no screen lift what so ever on our 2. ;)

Upvote 0
Mine has a little bit of screen lift on left side. Ordered it from amazon 2 weeks ago

Not enough of an issue for me to return it. I love this thing :D

Yeah, probably the same thing I have now. It's negligible at best. My last two have had issues with flexing and distorting the screen. Hope this one holds up. This is the best tablet on the market right now aside from the QC issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones