1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Current Note user thinking of getting a Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anakin1979, Jan 4, 2012.

1. anakin1979

anakin1979 Newbie
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey everyone, I'm currently using a Note but been reading about the Nexus and am considering switching to a Nexus.

Can anyone help me out? Just need some answers.

1. Screen size- I'm aware that the on screen buttons of the Nexus kinda steal away some of the screen area most of the time. So if you consider that and compare it to the screen of the GS2 which has capacitive buttons, which has the larger screen? Or are they just equal?

2. Applications on ICS- At the moment, do the following apps work on the Nexus?

Google Maps, Evernote, Any.do, Shazam, Voice Talk (or Voice Actions, sometimes I get confused between the two), Dropbox, and Skype (with video calls)?

3. For those who previously owned a GS2 and are now on a Nexus, which of the two phones have better signal reception?

All the other questions I had were answered in the other threads, I just need help with the above.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Advertisement

2. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    1: the bottons dont always take away from the screen. Like with movies they hide and for a lot of games (thats the developer of the games choice) so the screen is still a really nice size regardless of the the digital buttons. The digital buttons actually give it a sleeker look and fill. especially since they never get "dirty" or "worn"

2:google maps is preloaded on the device so yes,
    Shazam = yes
    EVernote =yes
    Voice ACTION= yes
    Dropbox= Yes i use it and love it IMO this is a MUST HAVE APP for storage and xfering files to and from your phone
    Skype = yes
    you will find few apps that aren't working on Gnex and those that don't work are few and far between typically with publishers that dont do a whole lot imo

3:i have not had a Gs2 but there are a lot of people who did upgrade that i read about and they all love the Gnex

hope this helped

anakin1979 likes this.
  3. anakin1979

anakin1979 Newbie
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks! Was going to give up on getting a response... :)

4. Slide83

Slide83 Member
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    If you are used to the large screen size of the Note I'm afraid you will be disappointed downgrading. I know I would, but I like my electronic toys as large as possible!

anakin1979 likes this.
  5. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    Handy at many things
    Woodstock, GA, USA
    Understanding screen size is all what you are used to, the screen on the GNex is awesome. Coming from a D2, the GNEx has allowed me to delay getting a tablet or iPad.

My folks tell me that my phone does skype better than my laptop. It works driving down the road!

:eek:

anakin1979 likes this.
  6. anakin1979

anakin1979 Newbie
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    i moved from a GS2 to a Note, and now considering the Nexus. The Note has really spoiled my eyes in terms of screen area, and while I am in love with the sleek look of the Nexus and really aching to get my hands on ICS, it also seems like the screen area of the GS2 and Nexus are the same because of the latter's on screen buttons.

Oooh what a tricky decision to make.

7. bi0nicman

bi0nicman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    wow i would have never thought a Note owner would switch to a Nexus. It seems like the Note is such a cool phone! but i could understand why you'd want to switch :)

Tags: