1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Current stable ICS rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dustwun77, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

What would you all suggest as the current most stable ICS rom?

Links and any special directions and experiences welcome.

I just want to try one out again.

TIA!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I've been suggesting MIUI because thats what I've been running lately and its awesome paired with the mason G series kernel.

Special directions in my thread on here

3. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Android Enthusiast

I've got to agree with Rxpert there. I use the same combo and it's the only ICS ROM that I've found stable enough to use as a daily driver. My second choice would be Preludedrew or JTG's. I'm on the fence there because they're neck and neck in the race to make a badass ICS ROM. Each time one puts out a badass new one the other puts one a bit better.

dustwun77, Granite1 and Rxpert83 like this.
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

I'm alergic to dairy........

:hmmmm: :D

Rxpert83 and hove131 like this.
  5. dustwun77

I'm trying it.

had to turn off the zip signed thing, seems to be working tho. complicated...

does it need gps fix?

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Sometimes. I flashed it with it and it works fine

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

dustwun77 likes this.
  7. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

Id try it out buuuuuuuuuuut gots to just gots' to have me some Netflix !!

dustwun77 likes this.
  8. dustwun77

shows up on the map, don't know about the nav function yet.

It is a pretty cool rom!

Rxpert83 likes this.
  9. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Deck deck deck

10. NaterTots

NaterTots Android Enthusiast

I fianlly flashed it last night. The MIUI ICS 2.4.6 that is.

It is very smooth. The last Deck's version i was on was PB17 and it seems to be a bit better. I am still on the stock Kernel at the moment. I may try and set it up tonight and use it for a day or so.

Honestly though I am not a huge MIUI fan. But i'll try making some folders tonight.

dustwun77 likes this.
  11. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I've always liked MIUI but the wifi issues for me with a Belkin router has always taken me away from the rom.

All of the ICS roms are pretty much DD's but I personally still like drew's builds, always consistent and you team it up with the mason kernel, it's a great rom

dustwun77 likes this.
  12. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Android Enthusiast

I swear sometimes my phone knows I'm talking about it. Shortly after I wrote above that MIUI ICS was stable, I got my first random reboot. I'm still sticking with it though. It's been nice to me thus far.

Rxpert83 and dustwun77 like this.
  13. dustwun77

got a link for the latest and greatest of that one? :D

I am wanting to try out ICS to see what the future holds for us in phones coming down the line.

14. dustwun77

I asked MB for a link to that one. I have a linksys router and wifi has been working well.

That Mason kernel is a trip, has more governors than i have ever seen in one. Guess I need to read up on them. going with interactivex though, if I remember right.

andygu3 likes this.
  15. dustwun77

I went ahead and used the GoLauncherEx. I didn't think about folders. I was wondering what to do with those apps all over the place. :p

NaterTots likes this.
  16. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Look under ics evo http://d-h.st/users/deck/?fld_id=0

dustwun77 and MizzouBrent like this.
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The next release has the wheatley governor. According to the dev Its gonna be the governor to run.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

dustwun77 and Granite1 like this.
  18. MizzouBrent

What are your wifi issues with a Belkin router? I have issues with any kernel based on Tiamat 4.0.3 and above (so that includes every since ICS kernel) where I get battery drain while on Wifi. I have a MyEssentials router which is apparently made by Belkin. It's weird....my phone will sleep at -18 to -20 ma on 4.0.2 or below and in the -65 to -75 ma range with the newer tiamat kernels. I am about to buy a new router because of this. I don't remember any issues specific to MIUI though. Maybe this is the same issue?

It's been really frustrating, but I have narrowed it down to my cheap router. I can flash Tiamat 4.0.2 and everything sleeps just fine, but 4.0.3 and higher has drain. If you look at the Tiamat changelog, there was a wifi driver change with the 4.0.3 release, so that's what I've narrowed my issue down to. It's frustrating to say the least.

19. MizzouBrent

Sorry dude, I fell asleep at the wheel on that one. Thanks to Andy for posting!

dustwun77 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews