1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Current Zmax Alternative?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by good4life, Mar 20, 2016.

1. good4life

good4life Newbie

Been using a stock T-Mo ZMax since 11/14 and am thinking of replacing. When I got the phone, it was a very good bang for the dollar. So, my question is after 1.5 years, what is the current best bang for the buck smartphone/phablet out that will run unencumbered on T-Mo?

TIA

2. Telyx

Telyx Well-Known Member

I have had a LG G Stylo for a while now. It just got the Marshmallow update and it's as easy to root as a Nexus (and no need for switcher & restore zips).

3. good4life

good4life Newbie

Did I read the specs right, 1GB ROM and 8GB RAM? Does it have NFC?

4. Telyx

Telyx Well-Known Member

The T-Mobile and MetroPCS Stylos have 16gb storage and 2gb of RAM. It does have NFC.

5. good4life

good4life Newbie

This was a great suggestion. The pricing is right, the OS version is right and since it is currently being sold, near term support should be no problem. I've been looking at a used G4 which is a little higher in price but it also has a more powerful chipset. Thanks...

Telyx likes this.
  6. Telyx

Telyx Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I think it's quite a nice phone for the price.

7. 9h0s7

9h0s7 Member

this seems like a shill thread

8. good4life

good4life Newbie

Uh... I asked a very simple question and your only reply is it seems like a shill thread? Dude or dudette, what are you on this early in the morning?

9. Telyx

Telyx Well-Known Member

9h0s7, feel free to report it to moderators if you have a problem with this thread. I'm sure they know me well enough to decide.

Masterchief87 likes this.
  10. 9h0s7

9h0s7 Member

getting super defensive doesn't help, I was simply expressing my opinion. I actually don't care who shills what, I believe in freedom of speech.

11. Telyx

Telyx Well-Known Member

I'm not getting super defensive--I'm stating a fact. If you feel that way about this (or any) thread, report it to a moderator.

12. good4life

good4life Newbie

Thank you for adding value! Not.

Masterchief87 likes this.
  13. good4life

good4life Newbie

There you go again, adding troll value!

chrisredfield1 and Masterchief87 like this.
  14. good4life

good4life Newbie

So I ended up getting a zmax 2 and unlocking it. No voLTE, but, band 12 works just fine. My ZMax is still working like a charm so this will be more of a back up and maybe even primary if I can get the hotspot working.

chrisredfield1 likes this.
  15. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Android Enthusiast

The zmax will work fine for many years. Heck, lte rollouts are still not perfect in some places.

ZTE Zmax Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews