1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Currently on Fission 2.6.1 - can't get back to stock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kjess, Jan 2, 2012.

1. kjess

kjess Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    My phone is currently running Android 2.2.1 with the Fission 2.6.1 ROM. I had created a complete backup after rooting my phone and before installing the ROM. I just want to return the phone to factory, let it update to whatever the newest version is for the Droid X, then I want to root it again and see how I like that. I tried restoring the backup and updating.. that didn't work.

I had found a thread after Thanksgiving that was exactly what I am talking about, but I found out at that time that I had accidentally left my data cable for the phone 2000 miles away at my son's house, so I couldn't just take care of it at that time. Now I have the data cable, I've lost the thread and I'm stuck! Help??

Advertisement

2. matdr57

matdr57 Member
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    Male
    frac hand
    mcalester ok
    I would unroot then update then look at the stickies at the top and fallow the directions to the letter and u should b just fine

kjess likes this.
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    well bud you could SBF your phone back to stock, and take the OTA, because once you take the OTA, your Froyo roms are useless.

so if it was me, i would start fresh, sbf the phone, root it (you need a computer, no way around it yet) and then proceed to do whatever you need to do

kjess likes this.
  4. kjess

kjess Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    So, how do I SBF?

When I did the root and ROM stuff in April, it all made sense and was really easy, but I've been away from it since then and now need to make changes and I'm feeling rather stupid!

5. VoidedSaint

None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
  6. kjess

kjess Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    Thank you very much! I do appreciate all your help.

Question: The Motorola Drivers say 64 bit... I'm running 32 bit Windows XP, is this a problem?

7. VoidedSaint

None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    no you can find 32 bit drivers anywhere, i didnt know that sims had 64 bit up there

8. kjess

kjess Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    It's done! I'm now on Gingerbread! I SBF'd the phone following the fantastic instructions, then when that was finished, I let it install the update to .605. The steps were laid out perfectly, easy as can be. :)

I then followed the instructions for the 1 step root and that went just as smooth as can be, too, and I have super user permissions again!

I am a happy camper!! Thank you for your advice. And, thank you all for a very informative forum.