• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Currently on Fission 2.6.1 - can't get back to stock

kjess

Lurker
Apr 16, 2011
My phone is currently running Android 2.2.1 with the Fission 2.6.1 ROM. I had created a complete backup after rooting my phone and before installing the ROM. I just want to return the phone to factory, let it update to whatever the newest version is for the Droid X, then I want to root it again and see how I like that. I tried restoring the backup and updating.. that didn't work.

I had found a thread after Thanksgiving that was exactly what I am talking about, but I found out at that time that I had accidentally left my data cable for the phone 2000 miles away at my son's house, so I couldn't just take care of it at that time. Now I have the data cable, I've lost the thread and I'm stuck! Help??

It's done! I'm now on Gingerbread! I SBF'd the phone following the fantastic instructions, then when that was finished, I let it install the update to .605. The steps were laid out perfectly, easy as can be. :)

I then followed the instructions for the 1 step root and that went just as smooth as can be, too, and I have super user permissions again!

I am a happy camper!! Thank you for your advice. And, thank you all for a very informative forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones