1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Currently Running "Leaked" Froyo - Do I Need to Go Back to Stock Before "Official" Update Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by disscodave, Feb 23, 2011.

1. disscodave

disscodave Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    I'm currently running the leaked version of Froyo on my captivate. Can I download the "Official" version tomorrow without flashing back to stock? I'm not sure if I remember how to do it now it's been so long since I've done it.

Can anybody offer some advice here?

thanks!

Advertisement

2. ulbonado

ulbonado Member
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    Which leaked Froyo? If it's the one that just came out (KB1?) it may well prove to be the same as the one that comes out tomorrow, and you won't have to do anything.

3. disscodave

disscodave Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    are you talking about build number or kernel version? one major issue i have with this version is that my bluetooth doesn't really work. it worked with my stock build but once i upgraded to the leaked version it stopped working. i'm hoping to get that function back since it's one of the most important functions (to me) of a phone.

4. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    flash back to stock using odin or use the captivate toolbox (i would recommend this for flashing back to stock, custom rom, rooting etc etc). here is the link
    [PROGRAM] AIO Captivate Toolbox 2.5 (Rogers Fixed!) *Beginners/Advanced Start Here* - xda-developers

i am using serendipity 5.11 and i think the froyo that is coming tomorrow may not work as smooth as serendipity custom rom. i dont have any issue with this ROM..bluetooth works perfect and all other things work perfect and better...if you look at the speed you wld never go for an official samsung update..ever...PERIOD

5. Hr2burn

Hr2burn Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2010
  6. s44

s44 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    There's no magic sauce in getting an update OTA or via Kies. In fact, Clockwork/Odin is a lot safer -- OTA updates always produce some bricks.

Just flash Cognition 4 (same KB1, just improved) or ignore the update altogether.

7. Granitefalls2

Granitefalls2 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Ya i have the old version of the leaked version of 2.2. so do you really think cognition 4 is better and do you have to root? And where can i find instructions for installing it?

8. xeni0o

xeni0o Member
    None

Oct 21, 2010
    I installed the leaked version first (Non cognition) and pretty much it sucked when it came to speed. I installed cognition right after and it's smooth as hell and it comes pre-rooted with all the crapware removed.

9. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

Jul 23, 2010
    Male
    Sandy Eggo, Ca
    is the upgrade coming today and is it going to be OTA where we'll get a notification saying it's ready to be downloaded ?

10. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Construction
    SoCal

...I'm running Cognition v3.02 do I need to flash back to stock before flashing to Cognition 4.0?