1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cursor question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JustinHEMI, Dec 24, 2011.

1. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Android Enthusiast

New to rezound, coming from thunderbolt with a brief stop on the nexus.

I have a question about cursor behavior. When I try to select the cursor somewhere else, like in the box I'm typing in now, the cursor jumps somewhere else (stock browser). I had the same experience on my thunderbolt, and thought it was an issue with that phone, but apparently it is something in gingerbread or sense. That said, how do I get the cursor where I want? The thunderbolt had arrows I could us to move it around.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Android Enthusiast

Maybe it's a case of me not understanding the question, but I just sort of double tap the area where I want the cursor to go and it's there. Then, if I need to be more precise (like after a certain letter or number) I hold down the little pointed bubble and drag it to the spot I want.

olbriar likes this.
  3. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

I've noticed this also, same thing happened with my droid x. I think its a problem with gingerbread. Sometimes I just can't get it to go where I want.

4. Grung

Grung Newbie

Give me back my 4 directional arrows in the stock keyboard. Been trying to compensate with SwiftKey but stopped after a week of trying to force myself to use it. Just seemed like I wasn't nearly as accurate...could just be me.

5. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Android Enthusiast

I just tried that and my cursor still moves around on me. I don't get the pointed bubble on some forums, particularly vbulletin.

I will try to figure out if it is something I'm doing, but it seems other people have troubles too.

It must be GB because before GB, my cursor didn't do that.

Justin

6. chefster74

chefster74 Member

Hey Justin, I remember you from the Tbolt forum! I too miss my 4 arrows in the text box. Like on the Bolt, I notice the Rez curser occasionally won't back up when I'm trying to correct a word. Very annoying. The bubble thing works ok.

7. chefster74

chefster74 Member

On the plus side, I love having swype again!

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews