• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom (3rd Party) ROM: Revolution. Pros and Cons

The paid app has a different layout, its faster and has more features. You can get the paid app for free on the XDA thread, the market one is like a donate version.

I may still update to Revolution even in light of all this going on
Any ideas where the link on the XDA thread is to the paid Kitchen app?

Upvote 0
Looking forward to this. Sadly it looks if it will have to be a full wipe rom. :(

I had a go with Sicopat, but now back on Revolution, as I didnt see much difference performance and battery wise, but Revolution is much more easier to modify with the kitchen app, and it has some very nice themes, so I'm back on it now.

Just updated my kernel to SiyahKernel v1.7, so see how this goes with it.
:)

I will no doubt try many roms in the future but at the moment, i think it will have to be a seriously good one for me not to keep going back to Revolution

Upvote 0
version 2.7 2.3.5 ready in next few hrs........... wooop woop

Buts its notgoing to be JKay ready just yet. He is going to do it with a stock theme (but with a battery %age mod) and a fixed extended power menu.

I would guess when JKays themes do start rolling out, it will just be a matter of installing them onto this version. I shouldnt think it would need a newer version of revolution would it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones