1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Custom Binary blocked by FRP

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by peter189, Jan 27, 2016.

1. peter189

peter189 Lurker

Apologies in advance if this thread already exists. My son attempt to unroot his Galaxy Prime phone (..because that what 13 yr boys do:)) using Kingroot apk. When he powered up the phone this morning the following message was displayed "Custom Binary blocked by FRP" secure fail: Kernel. It appears the FPL was enabled. Read on line to do a factory wipe/reset - which I did. However, when I reboot the phone it did not prompt me for his Google credentials (which I understood it was suppose do). Instead the same error message appears.

I called Samsung support but they were not helpful. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James L

James L Android Expert

That's going to depend on which grand prime he has. If it's the Straight talk version it's a no go for now.
    If it's a different carrier and the firmware is available on sammobile or elsewhere, possibly on this site or XDA developers then you could do this.

Download the firmware + Odin and boot into download mode. Volume down, home and power at the same time with the phone off. Do a battery pull and reinsert if need be. Then volume up at the warning.
    Open Odin on your PC, choose AP, and then the firmware file or Pda and the firmware file, depends on what version of Odin you're using.

Press start and it'll boot up.

msshajahanpta601 likes this.