1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Custom Black HTC Dialer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EvoWalkman, Oct 29, 2010.

1. EvoWalkman

EvoWalkman Active Member

Oct 2, 2010
    So I found this thread [MOD] Custom Black HTC Dialer & Phone w/ability to set custom font (new colors added) - xda-developers about a black custom dialer. I've installed it correctly and changed the color. I'm running into a problem of changing the fonts and manually changing the background. In a post

"Nice work. Are you planing on any colors besides black?

I based it off black since this is my personal preference, but you can really make it any color you want very easily. Since I changed the fonts to white / gray, it really only works well on a darker color background.

So, to change the dialer background / button color, all you have to do is open up 2 files, in the '/res/drawable-hdpi/' folder of com.htc.resources.apk:

phone_keypad_background.png
    htc_pin_asset_rest.png

And change them (color fill) from black to whatever color you prefer. I've attached both files for your reference. I can certainly do this for you if you want / and provide another MetaMorph, but that should get you going."

I've found these file but cannot figure out how to change them. I am using Astro file Manger. My question here is do I need a different file manager that has superuser permission? Can I gain access to these files using my computer? I am having the same problem changing the fonts and think this is due to this issue as well.

Advertisement

2. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I haven't tried this yet, but I would recommend trying root explorer. Our if you don't want to pay for the better program I think estrong our something makes a similar program. I may try this tonight tho and then I can give you some better direction. Good luck.

EvoWalkman likes this.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    ooooooooooo i am gonna try this too

4. EvoWalkman

EvoWalkman Active Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Ok, using root explorer allowed me to copy and past a new font in the /system/fonts/ folder but I cannot figure out how to change the background color myself in
    /System/framework/com.htc.resources.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/phone_keypad_background.png. Am I somehow suppose to somehow place a color image here? Any Ideas?

Tags: