• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root custom boot animation help

es0tericcha0s

Apr 16, 2010
Hey there everyone. So, I'm getting really close to finishing up a new boot animation. I'm just getting stuck on little things like size of the pngs (they're usually around 120,000 to 150,000MB and the whole thing is 21.1KB(164 png frames). That seems bigger than most I have seen, but I am pretty much a noob at any of these things. The fact that I have this thing working is just amazing to me lol. Also, having some issues with how to write the desc.txt file. Currently I have it set up like such:
320 480 24
p 1 0 part0
p 3 0 part1
From my understanding, I am telling the animation to be 320pixels x 480 pixels, running at 24 frames/sec, playing folder 0 once with no time inbetween frames, and playing folder 1 3 times with no time lapse between the frames. Is this correct? I'm having issues with the 2nd folder playing 3 times. I've tried playing around with arrangement of the last line and it will play in various configurations, but will usually just play all the way through and stop until the phone loads completely or if I put it all in just one folder, then use p 0 0 part0 then it will loop. I don't mind this so much, but would prefer just to have the 2nd half of the pngs recycle. Also, would love to add part of a mp3, but it seems no one has figured this one out yet? Have tried naming it boot.mp3/android_audio.mp3/android_sounds.mp3 in and around the zip file and in and around both the data/local files and the system/media files.
So, any advice? Would love to get this working to my expectations so I can share it with everyone!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones