• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom boot animation

auburn2eugene

Aug 19, 2012
Eugene Oregon
To my understanding, the Zmax on 4.4.2 can not change their boot animation. Since I upgraded to 4.4.4 with BNv2, there is a new boot animation and no sound.

My question is now can I update my boot animation? Do I just go about this the regular android way?

I REALLY want to get an Auburn University boot animation...

Ideas? Help? Is this a stupid question?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can make my own. I'm not worried about that. Adobe After Effects works like a charm. I've made quite a few before... But for other people

Since this is my first time personally dealing with a custom ROM, I wasn't sure if there were special instructions involved. I mean this ROM is stock, but it's a ROM nonetheless, and I've never had a ROM before. I would just get root, and use the native ROM.

Upvote 0
the kit Kat ROM hroark made for the LG f6 had an android pissing on an apple boot animation

I saw that somewhere and wish I could find it now

I also used that app. I have the blue matrix on start and stop.

Ok so all of those work fine with no lag, but all the ones that I personally make are all laggy (on this phone. ) I don't understand it because with 2gb of ram it should load anything with no problems. I'm gonna try to reduce the image size and see if that helps with the lagginess/choppiness.

Has anyone else made their own custom boot animation? Have you got it smooth with no lag? If so, what program are you using, what are the image sizes, how many images in total, and do you have it in 1 part or 2? I'm not asking about putting someone else's animations, I mean creating your own personal one from scratch...

Upvote 0
can confirm it works resized it to 720 x 1280 in bootanimation ... also u can also make it a shutdown animation just got to bootanimation settings and change file name to be saved in

update it works but its like 2 secs long then goes black im sure theres a better one somewhere

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the kit Kat ROM hroark made for the LG f6 had an android pissing on an apple boot animation
You can get that boot animation from ROM toolbox. That might even be where hroark13 found it.
Edit: It's called "Tablet - AndroidPeev4" they are all in alphabetical order so it should be easy to find.
It also fits the Zmax's screen perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: auburn2eugene
Upvote 0
Im just getting accustom to boot animations and rom toolbox lite app, So what just pic a boot img. from inside the app and flash the one I like? or does it have to fit my 4.1.2 build? Anybody got a quick yes or no out there? Im running GameTheorys Xperion rom & freedom kernel on the LG Optimus F6 D500 if that helps answer my question folks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones