• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Boot Animations...

DaRayvn

Android Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2011
Grand Rapids
i just finished this one....hopefully i'll have some more up soon...

if you go to this thread....i have some splash screens on there...

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/408926-custom-splash-screen.html

look for the iPhone Killer splash screen, thats basically what the boot animation is but it changes a BUNCH of different colors....

iPhone killer multi color boot animation

just remember to rename the file... :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, i tried something different with the iphone killer, and im pretty happy with this one....i just went with a red and inverted red and alternating slow to faast animation....way better than the first one...

iPhone Killer Red Invert Boot Animation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one was actually a splash screen (jxweezy) off the mikmik website but i wanted to see what it would look like in a boot animation, so i came up with this real quick....

Mikg Rom boot animation

Scrolling android text with paint splatter....pretty nifty....i made 140 frames and had to edit every single one....ridiculous lol....

also this one plays sideways...rotated all the frames so there was more room for scroll

Android Scroll Splatter boot animation

I havent tried this one yet because im running the Nocturnal Bliss Rom and it doesnt have usb connection yet so if anyone tries it let me know if there are any problems...it should be alright though...there should be constant animation in it...

Internal Android Red boot animation

EDIT: Its fixed now...i tested it to make sure...

to be quite honest i've always thought the Synergy Boot Animation was pretty cool...almost like 3d...BUT, i cannot stand the color lol...im just not a big fan of the green...soooo, i changed the color...i will do them in a bunch of different colors...

just an FYI for anyone trying to find the boot animation on the rom....it should be located here
System/Customize/Resources.....this location is for Synergy

the colors.....click the pic to download the zip file..

Ok, well the CM7's are gonna take me a little longer than i thought...you have to convert each file to RGB color before i can change it....but i'll eventually have them all up like the Synergy ones...

just an FYI for anyone trying to find the boot animation on the rom....it should be located here
System/Media.....this location is for CM7

the colors....click the pick to download the zip file..

The MikRoms will take a bit as well...i have to do the same process with changing it to RGB...

Data/DRM....this location is for MikRoms

click on the pic to download the zip file...

DaRayvn Custom Boot Animations...
i just finished this one....hopefully i'll have some more up soon...

if you go to this thread....

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/408926-custom-splash-screen.html

and look for the iPhone Killer splash screen, thats basically what the boot animation is but it changes a BUNCH of different colors....

iPhone killer multi color boot animation

just remember to rename the file... :D

EDIT: Going to edit this one more....some chop between color changes

ok, i tried something different with the iphone killer, and im pretty happy with this one....i just went with a red and inverted red and alternating slow to faast animation....way better than the first one...

iPhone Killer Red Invert Boot Animation

We really need a "Like" Button :D
These are Kewl D'man nice work

Reactions: DaRayvn and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: DaRayvn
Upvote 0
I am having trouble doing this using ES file explorer. I gave it root permissions and read/write permissions, renamed my file bootanimation.zip and have it on the root of the card. When i try to move it to system/customize/resource folder for synergy ROM it says file cannot be moved.

Whats the dealio?

you may have to give each folder read/write permissions...i know i saw that somewhere before...like whatever folder your trying to move it to, you may have to do it to that one too and not just the sd card folder...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones