• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Boot Animations

redsox985

Android Enthusiast
Aug 25, 2011
Has anyone made a custom boot animation for their phone? I'd like to, but just want to make sure the other methods on Google generally apply to the D3. I'd make a nandroid backup before I tried flashing any boot animation .zips but just want to know if anyone has experience here.

Now, for software...could I make something in Adobe Flash then Bridge it into Photoshop and export it as a .gif? Could I directly .zip the Adobe Flash file the use that since 2.3.4 runs Flash?

I've attempted to make a Custom Logo with just .pngs. But I wasn't able to get it to work. In the event that it doesn't work, I believe the phone will STILL START (mine did) then you just have to restore the default.

I don't think there's a way to use a Flash Animation to do it, unless you can get it to Save/Publish Frame by Frame.

I don't think there's a way to remove the M Dual Core screen (yet).

Upvote 0
I've attempted to make a Custom Logo with just .pngs. But I wasn't able to get it to work. In the event that it doesn't work, I believe the phone will STILL START (mine did) then you just have to restore the default.

I don't think there's a way to use a Flash Animation to do it, unless you can get it to Save/Publish Frame by Frame.

I don't think there's a way to remove the M Dual Core screen (yet).

I was able to pull the stock animations from the phone and they're a bunch of stills set to play at # FPS (I forget) to make motion smooth between the stills. You can change the M Dual Core boot logo through the D3Toolbox, and even restore it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones