1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Custom Boot Animations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redsox985, Sep 19, 2011.

1. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast

Has anyone made a custom boot animation for their phone? I'd like to, but just want to make sure the other methods on Google generally apply to the D3. I'd make a nandroid backup before I tried flashing any boot animation .zips but just want to know if anyone has experience here.

Now, for software...could I make something in Adobe Flash then Bridge it into Photoshop and export it as a .gif? Could I directly .zip the Adobe Flash file the use that since 2.3.4 runs Flash?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Just make a series of jpgs or pngs with the dimensions 540x960, then make a desc txt file that indicates the size and duration of the animation loop, then zip them into a folder and put it in the system/media folder under the name bootanimation.zip

3. redsox985

I'd really like to make something in Flash. 1, to teach myself how to use it, and 2, because I could probably do much more with it in terms of smooth animation than I could with a bunch of JPGs put into a .gif image.

4. redsox985

Does anyone have the stock boot logo that they could share with me? The "Dual Core" M logo. I was able to find and pull the animations, just not the logo. I have something planned with the stock logo and a TBH version that P3Droid linked to on Twitter.

5. DeadChex

DeadChex Member

I've attempted to make a Custom Logo with just .pngs. But I wasn't able to get it to work. In the event that it doesn't work, I believe the phone will STILL START (mine did) then you just have to restore the default.

I don't think there's a way to use a Flash Animation to do it, unless you can get it to Save/Publish Frame by Frame.

I don't think there's a way to remove the M Dual Core screen (yet).

6. redsox985

I was able to pull the stock animations from the phone and they're a bunch of stills set to play at # FPS (I forget) to make motion smooth between the stills. You can change the M Dual Core boot logo through the D3Toolbox, and even restore it.

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews