• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root custom boot screen question

I have a little experience in rooting/installing & themeing custom ROM's and even made my own spiffy lil bootscreen. But all of this was for the Sprint HTC Hero (back when it was still cool)
But I have a few friends who envy my awesome customizations & want me to root their Ascends. I've done all my reading (even took notes) & feel VERY confident in rooting the Ascend ( awesome idea with the root app, and CWM .bat.... TOTAL timesavers!)
But my custom bootscreen is kinda important to me, & I'm not finding any info on custom bootscreens for the Ascend.
I'm not really looking for someone to type out a step by step (tho i wouldn't object) but just pointing me in the right direction would be a big help.
The thing is, I don't own one, so I can't play around with it in a trial & error kinda thing. I gotta get it to work the first time so I want to know what I'm doing before-hand.
Thank you all so much. ur awesome.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones