• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom dock WITH SPEAKERS!!!

I realized that I had to build my own custom dock after reading on other custom dock threads. Most of them were cool but none have had forward facing speakers so far. I didn't want my Droid speaker in constant use when using Pandora, videos, etc. and I wanted speakers facing me, not back. This is what I came up with. It runs on two AA batteries, volume is controlled through phone and bumps loud enough to be heard clearly from 30 feet away. I know it looks a little rough around the edges but let me know what you think.
My pics are too big to upload so I made a quick website with pics only, don't worry, it's legit.

Wix.com - Website built by Droid24 based on Blank Website

Attachments

• 20100316_002.jpg.zip
    135.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20100316_003.jpg.zip
    137.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20100316_004.jpg.zip
    134.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20100316_005.jpg.zip
    129.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20100316_006.jpg.zip
    104.8 KB · Views: 28
O........M...........G............I LOVE IT!! Reminds me of what some of us used to do with at the bball courts with their boombox(dont lie,u know some of you rocked that thing right next to your eardrums causing irreparable damage to your brain cells)...come to think of it,if this goes on sale i think imma have to pick me up one and return to the golden 90's(yes i kno i'll get clowned at the b-ball courts this time around but its all in hopes of embarrasing the sh*t outta my gf).can you tell me if it is for sale?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones