1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root custom keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mik3_cl, Jun 26, 2010.

1. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    i've rcently changed ROMS and liked the keyboard on the previous....is there a way to get the virtual keyboard from one ROM to another?
    is it an APK?

Advertisement

2. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Florida
    What was your previous ROM and what ROM are you running that you want to add it to?

mik3_cl likes this.
  3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    I think so...but I wouldn't recommend it for the most part cause depending on what ROMs your going to and from, there could be compatibility issues.

I would recommend this site here: http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php

This site will let you design your own HTC IME keyboard (i.e. the Incredible's virtual keyboard). It is a great keyboard and YOU get to personalize the keyboard the way you wanted it. I'm bored so I decided to show off my Sapphire support...so I created a keyboard to go with my Wallpaper ;)

Version 26 for Froyo has worked on all of the Froyo ROMs I have flashed. The version 27 Froyo did not. You may have to play with various version if running 2.1...I'm not sure what works and what doesn't.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are couple more I made just to give other examples ;) I think I've made about 7 or 8 different ones...it only takes a couple of minutes. Even made my wife one and used MS Paint to create a .bmp file with her name to match here pink themed phone...no screenshots of that...but a nice touch.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

mik3_cl likes this.
  4. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Was running Kangorade now Simply Stunning, liked kango's virtual keyboard better and I would like to able to carry it over....

5. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member

Apr 15, 2010

i will give it a go.
    thanx!

6. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
  7. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Simply Stunning uses the stock Android keyboard...as far as I'm able to remember. The screen captures above all appear to be themed variations of the HTC_IME keyboard. beyond that, I can't help.

8. hnb1988

hnb1988 New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    I would like to custom a key on keyboard, how can I do.

EX: I would like to change text key "Send" to "Submit" and change backgound color of this key.