• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom Launcher Question

Alice Kaye

Nov 19, 2012
New Jersey
www.alice-kaye.com
Say I go with a custom launcher, what exactly do I lose out on when doing it?

Do I lose multi-window? What part of the s-pen functionality disappears?

Trying to make an informed decision before I go downloading things...

My friend has been spending a lot of tonight trying to talk me into trying out Apex or Nova, but I'm hesitant since I bought this particular phone for the s-pen. I don't use multi-window very often, but mainly because until yesterday I couldn't use my apps on it. So now that I can do that, I'm not sure I'd like to part with that either.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any guidance. :)

You'll lose the ability to use any Widgets made only for touch wiz.
As far as the s-pen the only thing I noticed that is missing is the notification bar not displaying the message about the s-pen being in use.

You will gain homescreen rotation, dock gestures allowing you to launch at least 2 apps from each icon in the dock, screen gestures allowing you to launch apps by swiping the screen, and the ability to change the dock icons.

Reactions: Alice Kaye
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones