• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom message tone wont play?

Hi everybody,

I wanted to put my own ringtones on my phone so I used Ringdroid do do so and this worked fine for the incoming calls tone. However when i added one for my notifications, it wont play for sms messages, It does play for the like of recieved emails and such though.

The tone is listed as my default notification tone so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Can anybody help me solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ciar

Hi everybody,

I wanted to put my own ringtones on my phone so I used Ringdroid do do so and this worked fine for the incoming calls tone. However when i added one for my notifications, it wont play for sms messages, It does play for the like of recieved emails and such though.

The tone is listed as my default notification tone so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Can anybody help me solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ciar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones